Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which are the most environmentally friendly ones to use? I use cloth diapers here in Northern Ireland but am travelling to NY in January to visit my family. I have taken my cloth with me in the past but it was way too bulky and took up almost an entire suitcase. Now that I have two kids and am limited as to how much luggage I can bring, I need to leave my diapers at home. I have contacted a local diaper service but should this prove to be too expensive, can anybody reccommend a disposable? Not ideal and I really don't want to have to use them but I'll feel a bit better about it if they are at least a bit more environmentally friendly.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
None of the disposables, "natural" or not, are going to biodegrade. So what are you looking for, priority-wise? Gel-free? Chlorine-free?
Seventh Generation is not gel-free, but Tushies are. Both are non-chlorine bleached.

·
Registered
10,399 Posts
Tushies, in my opinion, are the healthiest disposable for the baby and for the environment. They are, to my knowledge, the only disposable that does not contain chemical gel. They are made from wood pulp and cotton. (Tushies "Tendercare" are just paper/wood pulp -- no cotton.)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
has anybody ever seen moltex in the States? They would be the disposables I use here and while they do contain a tiny amount of gel, they are compostable. I tried Tushies once before and wasn't too impressed, but that was on a toddler who was a heavy wetter, might be different with a small baby.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.