Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few weeks I've been attempting to figure out the cause of my son's mild eczema on his cheeks. Tonight, a friend saw him and said it didn't look like eczema to her. What other things could it be if it's mildly dry and red, but the most tell-tale sign is that it gets really red when he gets excited or has been running around? Please help: I'm in the middle of a hellish elimination diet over this

·
Registered
819 Posts
sealf heal cream may help http://www.fesflowers.com/self_heal_creme.htm# we just got ours and litely without any coexing to my son I rubbed some on one arm went to the other arm and he was telling me the other arm had stopped itching. Now I never told him it would stop the itching I told him it was like lotion, because I wanted to see his real reaction. So I hope it keeps working there have been rave reviews about it on here. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gitti View Post
I just didn't want to read and not post something.

Dry chapped skin? Maybe use some olive oil on it.
Thank you, I think this might be it. Dr. Sears posted the following and it resonates with what we're seeing:

"DRY, RED CHEEKS
Just a quick mention here. The cold weather is notorious for causing dry, red, irritated cheeks in children. A number of patients do come into our office, wondering what is causing this rash. It is simply the cold weather. A gentle moisturizing cream will usually minimize this rash. No need to see your doctor for it, unless you are particularly worried."

I'm a titch embarassed that we may have overreacted, but it converged with sporadic dipe rash (which, thanks to the elim diet, I see that he's sensitive to coconut oil, so it isn't for nothing) and he's never been a great sleeper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chinese Pistache View Post
How long have you been on the ED? What foods are you eating? Perhaps one of your foods is one of the triggers?
Lawdy, I've cut out all 8 of the most common. Could be corn, but I'm thinking its more likely just dry skin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wantingagirl2b#4 View Post
sealf heal cream may help http://www.fesflowers.com/self_heal_creme.htm# we just got ours and litely without any coexing to my son I rubbed some on one arm went to the other arm and he was telling me the other arm had stopped itching. Now I never told him it would stop the itching I told him it was like lotion, because I wanted to see his real reaction. So I hope it keeps working there have been rave reviews about it on here. Good luck!
Thanks for recommending this, I may try it. I'll have to compare it with something that a local woman makes...

·
Registered
10,747 Posts
Also, is your friend a dermatologist? Eczema looks different on different people. It can be dry and red on some people and open and weepy on other people. It can itch on some and not itch on another. So it could be chapped from the weather. It could be a food reaction.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.