Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I don't post here much but really need some guidance.<br><br>
Right now I am a SAHM to a 15 month old dd and her father has never be alone with her (not even for five minutes) and has often gone a month or two without seeing dd. Currently he has not seen her in 4 months..... we have no custody order in place but plan on doing so, once he stops dragging his feet.<br><br>
I am suffering from severe depression and though I am trying to battle it... there is a 50/50 chance I will have to go away to rehab. Is it possible for my parents (who dd & I have lived with since dd was born) to be given temp. custody while I am away or if something happens to me in the future?<br><br>
If so how would I go about doing it? What would it be called? I can't afford an attorney right now...... so I need to try to do it w/ free legal aid or by myself.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Do it NOW Do it NOW DO IT NOW!!!<br><br><br>
If you have yet to establish things in court, now is the time to switch over temporary custody (I think that you would just want to switch over temporary guardianship) to your parents. You do not need an attorney. Actually, my sister is going through that right now to give temporary guardianship to my Aunt so my nephew can live with her for a few months. I saw DO IT NOW before you guys go to court.<br><br>
Guys are real charmers now, but when you get to court-they turn into something else real horrible. You never know if to avoid child support, or look good during a custody case, if he will fight to not have the kids with your mom. If you dont have a custody agreement, you can make that decision now because the court will be more reluctant to take your daughter out of that environment. Contact the family court house for the correct paperwork and get it done.<br><br>
Good Luck!

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Would I need my ex to "approve" my parents having temporary guardianship? If so, how would I "sell" him on this? I would still want / allow him to have open visitation (which he does not use).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts