Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I am currently a certified birth doula through ICEA and am finishing the birth doula program through DONA. I am pursuing both because they offer slightly different viewpoints on doula education. In my area of the world, DONA is more recognizable. When I eventually begin CBE training, I'm just going to go with one....not sure which yet.
As far as clients go, none have yet to comment one way or another about my certification(s)---(s) is pending.
Hope it helps!

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
I'm certified through DONA and also throughthe Matrona in Asheville. I'm also finishing CAPPA's dual cert program. Basically, I chose DONA years ago b/c of the recognition and basically b/c I didn't know about all of these other great orgs. After a while, I felt incomplete about my work and so I travelled (on the advice of a friend) to Asheville to study there for 1 weekend a month. It was spectacular and I really feel more complete. It was so much more about the spirituality of birth and being a woman. As fas as the CAPPA cert, why not? They make it very easy when you already hold a cert with another org. And I
their conferences!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts