Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and plan to see them, consider We Buy Books. You enter in the ISBN # and see what they'll pay for it, box e'm up, print the invoice and send them Media Mail. They pay by check or PayPal and reimburse for the Media Mail costs. I did a quick declutter of what I had left (I've gotten ride over 100 books via Half Price Books in the last 5-6 weeks) and I made $36 with them (+8 reimbursement for shipping).

If you do use them, please consider listing me as the referral person.
The email would be minuetman at yahoo dot com. Thanks and best of luck decluttering!

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
thats awesome!
I entered some books, although some they won't take its def a good back up plan!
If I do send them in I will def list you as a reference

thanks mama!

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
I'm a big fan of Paperbackswap.com which was recommended to me by a momma here.

If your books aren't accepted because of low demand, you can post them by ISBN to paperbackswap. When someone wants the book, you mail it to them via media mail and when they receive it you get a credit to order a book of your choice from someone else. It's really cool. We've cleaned out so many of our bookshelves this way--plus we get free books when we want them!

·
Registered
799 Posts
This is so funny, it must be a sign! I was just in my living room taking all of the books off the huge double bookshelves so I can move them to a different spot and I was thinking I have way too many books that I don't need, and that I definitely need to get rid of some. Then two earwigs ran off the bookshelves, and those things seriously creep me out, so no more moving the bookshelves until DH gets home. So anyway, I popped onto MDC and here is a thread about getting rid of books. I'm there now!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I love to read books and have given away basically all of my extra books. I have bookmarked it to check books I do decide to get rid of down the road.

I can't do paperback swap because I've heard it won't take hardbacks...and some of the books I have are hardbacks....

Thank you bunches,
April
intuitive medium

·
Registered
1,564 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AprilDaisy
I can't do paperback swap because I've heard it won't take hardbacks...and some of the books I have are hardbacks....
Not true! They definitely take hardbacks. I've swapped and received quite a few.

·
Registered
4,301 Posts
Ah thanks for posting this! I gave my books to this lovely woman and her reading club at the retirement home. They aren't so interested in dh's sci-fi books though.
I'll have to see what I can send off later.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
snowbunny
Thanks for letting me know they'll take hardbacks! I'll have to see if I have any extras....I gave alot away recently.... At least I know that now for future swapping...

Blessings,
April
intuitive medium

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
I have always kept way too many books. When I tackle the basement next week I plan to get rid of some books. I may try this. Though sometimes a trip to the po isn't worth $36!
Ds goes CRAZY there!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Man, I wish I'd seen this before we donated over 50 books to Goodwill!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Thanks for posting this---I've donated a few BIG boxes of books this summer and I still have more to pass along but was looking for somewhere else to take them...I don't like dropping them at goodwill/salvation army because the book selections in our local ones are so overcrowded as it is. And, I really like the idea of getting something (money/books) for passing my old books along. Too bad I didn't have these links sooner, but at least I have them now!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
cool! i'll have to go through some of my books
i couldnt do some of the other book swap things cuz they dont like my apo address

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks for posting this! I have a few books I want to get rid of, but didn't really feel like releasing them for Book Crossing (another great way to get rid of books), so this might work out for me. I could really use the money, even a paltry amount, right now.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts