Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't chart the start/middle of my cycle this month just because I didn't want to (great reason huh?) and now that we decided to ttc in the middle of it I am *kicking* myself over it. Usually (I think?) I have ovulation pains a few days before I actually do, but I never wrote it down on my other charts so now I'm not sure... so I'm not entirely sure when I ovulated... which means I can't be sure when I can accurately test, or when to expect AF.

SO, anyone else not chart? Do you go by ovulation pain? Cervical mucus? Cervix position?

I had horrid (really horrid) ovulation pains in the middle of the night Sat. night (I was at a function so that is why I was still up and suffering at like 11:30 pm) - it finally passed so I figured I must have ovulated an elephant egg or SOMEthing... but that would put me at 11dpo today and usually my luteal phase is only 11 days in the past - and no temp drop (since I started taking them) and they are abnormally high for me (which is another question).

Okay... anyone else?

·
Registered
172 Posts
I don't chart and I generally go by cervical mucus and sometimes by ovulation pains. Basically, as soon as I see an increase in the ewcm we start BD in earnest. I usually feel the o pains a day or two later. Once the ewcm is gone, we wait and wonder...and sometimes BD although not in earnest!

Of course, last time it took us 11 months to conceive...and now I am in the dreaded 2ww...

HTH!

Sharon

·
Registered
923 Posts
I actually don't go by mucus. I get a period of nausea for a few hours, have a few hours of major brooding, and have super tender nipples for nursing. This all happens right before the ewcm. It always tends to surprise me by how yuck I feel and I tend to have no sex drive. lovely, huh?

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
I have never charted and didn't have the patience to take my temp. Despite numerous hormone problems that are basically a recipe for infertility (low progesterone, low thyroid, low adrenal), I always conceived within 2 cyles (3 preg total) and avoided preg for 5 yrs using only fertility signals when we were not TTC. I just paid attn to my cervical fluid. I can easily go 7 months without a cycle and no preg (again, numerous hormone problems!) but always knew exactly what day and time of day to expect AF because I knew within a 6 hr window when I ovulated. For me, CM is the one and only key.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BirthFree
I had horrid (really horrid) ovulation pains in the middle of the night Sat. night (I was at a function so that is why I was still up and suffering at like 11:30 pm) - it finally passed so I figured I must have ovulated an elephant egg or SOMEthing... but that would put me at 11dpo today and usually my luteal phase is only 11 days in the past - and no temp drop (since I started taking them) and they are abnormally high for me (which is another question).
If you are saying your temps are high since you ovulated, that is a possible sign of being pg!!! GL!!
:

·
Registered
25 Posts
I always know if I have eggwhite mucus that I havent o'd yet , but I always temp because at my age and menopause around the corner id waste all my money testing and hopeing I was pregnant when I am not. It cost me so much money and tears before I found out about the temp change and cm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.