Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they give you one of those little rubber brushes to wash the babies hair? Do you need yours? I just came home from the hospital with dd yesterday and I forgot mine! I am from the June ddc but thought I would try here first since more mamas have had the babies.<br><br>
You know the type they give you in the hospital? like a little square brush with soft rubber bristles? DD was born 2 days ago with VERY thick hair, and I forgot to bring mine home with me. She still has vernix in her hair and I need one of those little brushes. I have no idea where to buy one. Does anyone have one they aren't using?

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
My son also had very thick hair and we never used one of those brushes. He was nearly 3 weeks late, though and didn't have much vernex. I believe they need it anyway and it will go away naturally without the scrubbing.

·
Premium Member
6,630 Posts
They forgot to give me mine, but told me I would get one..<br><br>
Do you have a medical supply store where you live? I bet they would have some there.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
They do sell one that is on a blue handle. I got it in the baby section of a drug store. They call them cradel cap brushes. I think it is made bt first years.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Nope, I didn't get one. Good luck finding one!

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
They gave us one but we didn't really use it. We declined the bath so he does have vernix in his hair but I figure it'll come out on its own eventually. Or we might use a little baby soap on it after a week or so if it's driving me insane, but I bet it's gone by then.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
don't need it but love it! We always take home extras when I can get my hands on them!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts