1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
prowraps
diaperwraps or
bummis

which would you choose? My MIL is setting up diaper service for us for the new baby and I have to decide...

Please share what you know about these brands....

·
Registered
2,062 Posts
i never tried diaperwraps.
I prefer bummies over proraps. I had problems with proraps leaving red marks on ds's legs. They both seemed completly funcional and no leakes from either. I also liked that bummies has cute prints. Both are cheap enough that i would get one or two of each and try them out. Because different things work for different babies.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
Never tried Diaperwraps either, but out of Proraps and Bummis, I'd go with Bummis. They're a little softer and cuter.

·
Registered
11,527 Posts
I'd get the Bummis. I don't know anything about the Diaperwraps. I had some prowraps. They left red marks on ds like crazy. From what I hear Bummis are a really good choice for the newborns.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by TreeLove
prowraps
diaperwraps or
bummis

which would you choose? My MIL is setting up diaper service for us for the new baby and I have to decide...

Please share what you know about these brands....

I'd go with bummis! They were the ones that worked the best for us. They have cute prints too!

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
The only cover I have experience with is Bummis (SWWs and Whisper pull on pants, did not like the Originals) Ds3 is
wearing a sww right now actually. The one thing I found with nb bummis is that there is no umbillical cord notch, and I think the prowraps has that feature. Although I didn't have too much trouble with just having a diaper on my newborn, and a tshirt and then wrapped in a blanket. His cord stump fell off 5 days pp and the site healed completely around 7 days, which was fine, the downside to not using the covers for a week plus him being born at 10 lbs was that I did not use the nb size for very long at all. Glad I bought second hand (pays to shop around
) but that brings me to lesson number two: Buy your newborn and small sizes together, so when they outgrow one you;ll have the other available to you immediately. I wound up squeezing ds into nb longer than I should, and finally had the money for smalls- and the smalls lasted about a week tops.

·
Registered
377 Posts
That's a good point about the umbilical cord notch...I'd say do proraps until you're out of the newborn size and then switch to bummis. I have used both and hands down prefer bummis!

·
Registered
978 Posts
are you talking about diaperaps? I tried to use them, but they always wicked. I had them in a few sizes and they were brand new. But the outside material always ended up wet. Now I use Bummis. I love my SIWW in the frog print.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
I always had leaks and wicking with Bummis but never with proraps-never a leak-ever! And they never left red marks on legs or anything.
I'd say try the proraps-esp since they have the notch-and can't you switch if you decide you don't like them?
Good luck and what a great gift!
Ann

·
Registered
3,735 Posts
Are we talking bummis whisper pants? I have those and I have prowraps and Prowraps are good- but sometimes- only sometimes- they wick- like overnight and nap time around the legs- But my Bummis never leak or wick. I am in need of ordering some more becasue I only have S and my girl is now a very firm M--- Also you can get a few for yourself to keep at home- your own stash. I personaly- knowing what I know- I would go with bummis all the way. Also even though the bummis whisper pants are pull ups and the prowraps are velcro DP hates the prowraps he said "can you get some more of those bummis please- I hate these!" So there is a dad's opinion for you too

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Another vote for Bummis SWW. The velcro on my Proraps always scratches DD. They're ok for an older toddler, but not for a little baby (DD is 6 mo & 16.5 lb).

·
Registered
847 Posts
My diaperaps wicked. I'd go with the Bummis-SIWWs, Whisper pants or angel wraps, just not the Originals. They never worked for us.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
I just wanted to put another vote in for Bummis! I've never had any problems with them, and they hold up really well - I'm on my second kid with them and they still work like they did when they were brand new. I've also never had a leak or red mark with them.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
We used Proraps when DD was a newborn. Our diaper service sent us a Diapewraps cover, which looked like it was way too big for a newborn (DD was 7#13oz), and the rise seemed really high, like it would cover her umbilical cord. Not a problem once it fell off, but it had a notch in the top for the cord. Seemed like it should've been lower if it had the notch, YKWIM?

I really liked the Proraps for newborn. I didn't like them in smalls, so we swiched to Bummis SIWWs for small.

I like the advice of getting a couple of each, or one of each, then order more of what you like if you can get them the same/next day. I'd do that with each size your babe moves into, because you might like one in a NB then hate it in the next size, or vice versa.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I have never used Bummis, but I used Diaperaps about 15 years ago when my 2nd dd was a baby. They did wick when she slept, but I didn't have much trouble at other times. The ones I had lasted through 3 babies.
I got a small pro-wrap at the second hand store, and I thought it ran a bit small...okay, that makes no sense, but you know what I mean. :LOL
I agree with buying a couple of each and deciding which you like best. Your baby's size and shape will be a determining factor in whether you like a particular cover or not.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have a nb diaperap I picked up at a secondhand store. It does not have an umbilical notch. It does have nice gussets that look like they would hold nb poo in well. The material is stiff (but I don't know if that will wash out, it's brand new) but the most notable thing about it is the velcro. It is very loud when you pull it open. I am concerned that it would disturb a new baby, since they tend to be drowsy and startle easily, IME.

I think I'd start with the proraps (for the umbilical notch) and then switch to bummis after the cord drops off...

*edited to correct my boneheaded error*

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.