Mothering Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you tell me what your very favorite, COULD NOT LIVE without it carrier would be, and why?<br>
(mine's got to be my new Beco)

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
KOZY, hands down! The MOST comfy MT for wearing, especially for long periods of time. NOTHING compares! <a href="http://www.kozycarrier.com" target="_blank">www.kozycarrier.com</a>

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Ide say anyone of my woven wraps.. They are so versatile. I can do back, front, side carries.. I can do fast back carries if we are just running in, or more sturdy wraps if we will be in for awhile. Its great.

·
Registered
4,200 Posts
somewhat depends on the age of the child, and also what you are most likely going to use it for.<br><br>
i think a MT is the most indispensible carrier for me - if i could absolutely only have one, it'd be a MT. probably a Kozy if i was buying one, though my favorite one is one i made myself. i used these with infants, and can still carry my almost 4 yo in them too. fairly quick/easy to put on, much more secure and comfy for me and baby than a one-shouldered carrier, especially if we'll in them for any length of time.<br><br>
but as they get bigger/heavier, and since we do a lot of hiking, a structured carrier (ergo, patapum, beco, yamo, etc.) became the most used carrier in our house. i had a patapum for ages, just sold it because i made one that i like better. if i hadn't had a structured carrier i would've used the MT, but it was nice to have extra padding/support and they are a bit quicker/easier to put on when out and about because there aren't any dangly bits. but not terribly useful with a newborn/tiny infant IMO.<br><br>
but if you really only babywear for a quick here and there - put them in to throw in a load of laundry and put them down, put them in to get into the grocery store and then put them in the cart, etc. then a ring sling or pouch is probably the way to go. i just can't do one-shouldered carries for very long w/out strain on my neck. but i had big babies.<br><br>
but if i absolutely could only have one, it'd definitely be a MT. hands down.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts
hotsling, but that could always change at anytime...but this week its for sure my hotsling. my baby is teething and the only place he is happy is in the hotsling. thank god for babywearing.<br>
when my son was a newborn i was all about the cuddlywrap though, that saved my sanity when he fussed..pop him in and he was happy.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts