Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are you old wives tales that FIT and which ones are opposite to what they are suppose to be

·
Registered
897 Posts
I honestly think I am having the typical "girl" pregnancy. I'm still nauseous, my butt's getting huge, I look like crap, I'm tired (more than usual), etc. etc. DS's pregnancy was a DREAM in terms of how I felt and looked, etc. We are having a girl, so for "me" the old wives tales seem to be true! But I honestly haven't put much weight into them.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I don't really know the old wives tales very well.

Im having a girl and I was VERY nauseous, very tired, broke out a lot, I think I dont look very good during this pregnancy. What are some other old wives tales?

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Most old wives tales suggested I was supposed to have a boy, and I'm having a girl! So far the only clear cut one that's been right is a Chinese gender predictor that SunCB posted (I think I'm giving credit where credit's due) posted several weeks back.

·
Registered
4,396 Posts
With my DS I glowed, had no nausea, was STARVING all the time, carried low, etc.... (plus I just KNEW I was having a boy immediately)

This time I was terribly nauseas, I look aweful (girls steal your beauty), I have been breaking out, I have no appetite, I am carrying high, I did the ring on a string test and it pointed to girl, AND a psychic told my aunt that there would be two new girl babies in the family. One of them has arrived and I really thought I would be the other one, but alas my cousin is now pregnant and she'll probably get the girl.

I'm definitely having a boy! I've scrutinized the u/s and theres no mistaking it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.