Mothering Forum banner

if you live in Conneticut...

648 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  StephandOwen
Y'all need to do something about this dude (bold mine):

Quote:
A Republican member of the Board of Apportionment and Taxation facing calls for his resignation publicly apologized Tuesday for his recent remarks about students with disabilities............ Scarduzio made the remarks in question during a budget presentation last week by Supt. of Schools Janet Robinson. During a discussion of the $465,000 increase to the special education budget, Scarduzio said, "Why are we putting all this money into special education when these students will be the least productive members of society?" During the public comment session Tuesday, Ray Lasky stood next to his 4-year-old son, Nicholas, who has cerebral palsy and uses a wheelchair. He said Scarduzio's comment "hurt me like nothing hurt me in my whole life."
http://connpost.com/news/ci_3673971

I swear if I'd been in that meeting we would have had an altercation right then and there.
I hope he resigns into shame and oblivion and is never ever given a job in public office again.
See less See more
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
OMG!

It scares me that people like that are out there and even worse that they would hold public office. I too hope he is forced to resign.
See less See more
So sad, and scary
:
See less See more
How can we get on the bandwagon to sign the petition for his removal?
That's what I really want to know. I couldn't fink a link from the article.
Otherwise, we can just complain about it here--which is heartbreaking and serves no purpose.
Quote:

Originally Posted by GranoLLLy-girl
How can we get on the bandwagon to sign the petition for his removal?
That's what I really want to know. I couldn't fink a link from the article.
Otherwise, we can just complain about it here--which is heartbreaking and serves no purpose.
I will happily do some digging to see what I can find about removing this creep.
delurking...

I find this not only disturbing but disgusting. What a jerk this guy is and should not be in public office.

lurking...
Quote:

Originally Posted by KatWrangler
delurking...

I find this not only disturbing but disgusting. What a jerk this guy is and should not be in public office.

lurking...
Aw, don't lurk!! We don't bite, we're a nice crowd in here.

I did some digging, and came up with nil on this guy. He hasn't been in office long enough to be on the radar. Which is a good thing, because hopefully this comment will end his career.
See less See more
Do you have an email address for his office? Does he have a bigger boss?...And don't forget the people of his state....I would post it in Finding Your Tribe...

mv
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaverdi
Do you have an email address for his office? Does he have a bigger boss?...And don't forget the people of his state....I would post it in Finding Your Tribe...

mv
I couldn't find anything on this dude.
: FYT is a good idea....
See less See more
It appears he promised to volunteer for the special olympics, is being pushed to resign, but STILL has refused to retract his statement (and make a sorry a$$ attempt at an apology).

"Promising to atone for his mistake by volunteering for the Special Olympics, Robert Scarduzio, a 32-year-old holding his first elected office, said his comments lacked compassion and understanding. "I'm really ashamed of what I said. I love this city and I never wanted to hurt your feelings," Scarduzio said after putting aside his speech. While one parent of a disabled student accepted the apology, a core of parents and teachers remained angered by Scarduzio's previous comments and continued their demands that he resign."

" Colleen Ezzo, a paraprofessional at Irving School who was in the audience at last week's meeting, told the tax board that she had collected 75 signatures demanding that Scarduzio step down. Ezzo said while she appreciated the apology, she remained concerned by Scarduzio's refusal to retract his statement last week when she and others approached him after meeting ended.

"He said he would not mind funding future doctors and lawyers," Ezzo said. During his apology Tuesday, Scarduzio addressed the encounter directly. "It was me egging them on," he said. "That was me being a jerk."'

http://connpost.com/news/ci_3673971

What a jerk. I'll try to dig up more info.
See less See more
I can't seem to find anything on him (other than he was a couple hundred dollars behind on taxes last November). No contact info though (either for him or for Colleen Ezzo). I emailed the person who wrote the article to see if I could get anything from him. I'll keep you updated!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.