Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son is 15 months old, and we wear him in the Becco to start his naps twice a day. We get him to sleep in the carrier and then very gingerly put him down on the bed.

If we're on the go, he'll sometimes fall asleep in the bike/car/stroller, but most days involve two sessions of nap-starting in the Becco, dancing and swaying to music for anywhere from 5-25 minutes.

I don't mind doing this, but I do think I'll want to think about transitioning soon, because he is getting heavier and heavier.

Did you use to always put your LO to sleep in the carrier? Any advice for switching to a new mode for naps? Carter has a hard time settling down on his own, so I have no idea how to start.

·
Registered
721 Posts
i am wondering the same thing! dd will be 2 in jan we have used the ergo with the back carry since she was about 6 months. now we do lay down with her in her bed and she will go to sleep, but it can take up to 30 mins. i am hoping she will get more used to going to sleep this way and get faster. but i do love our little conversations and snuggle time as she is going to sleep.

maybe other mamas will have good ideas!

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I'm not sure if this is helpful - but I quit slinging DS to sleep *cold turkey* one day. I think he was 11 months old, 28lbs (on my, at the time 115lbs frame). I was bouncing around with him in the sling, and EVERYTHING was aching - shoulders, hips, knees, ankles, lower back....when suddenly I thought "I can't do this anymore. I just can't." I sat down in a comfy old rocking chair and got him to sleep that way. So he still needed movement, but I cut the extreme bouncing/swaying/rocking cold turkey out of sheer desperation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.