Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was PG I bought nursing tank tops
I thought that they would be great to wear out so I could NIP
but it seems hard to get the nursing bra undone under a nursing tank.
So I ended up just wearing these at home.

Do you wear a nursing bar with your nursing tanks?
am I missing some easier way?

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
No way, I go bralesss as much as possible! My nursing tanks have the built in bras, so I wear them alone. I am a 36C, though, so that might not be an option for the bigger busted ladies. My friend is EE, so she just wears nursing bras under regular tanks with no built in bras. Works for her.

·
Registered
15,101 Posts
Oh that brings back a memory...I was eating at Golden Corral & I was so HOT & STICKY. DD was freaking out & I had on a nursing tank, and a nursing bra. I could NOT get the dang bra undone, I just couldn't. It was driving me mad & I was at the end of my rope, lol, so I (too loudly) said "Oh hell with it!" and hoisted everything up...the server laughed at me!
: (In a nice way, lol...) Nursing bras drive me loopy!
:

·
Registered
965 Posts
I wear my tank and camisole without a bra beneath but they don't offer much support so it's just a night time arrangement. I couldn't wear them in public (even after being altered)

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I actually used my Target brand maternity tank tops (with built in shelf bra) as nursing tops for months...I'd just pull the edge down and pop DD on (I'd usually wear a light sweater or open shirt with the tank to create a more pulled together look and provide a bit of privacy during nursing).

Nursing bras are okay when used under a regular top (or an outfit like you'd find in MotherWear or Expressiva) but a nursing top with a built in bra is designed to be used on it's own...no seperate bra needed! If a nursing tank doesn't provide enough support of coverage for going out and about then maybe stick with a nursing bra under a loose shirt (or shirt with nursing openings/layers)?

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Quote:
No way, I go bralesss as much as possible!
me too! I invested in some nursing tanks/ shirts that have the built in bra - ingenious! Wish i had had them for ds1. hardly ever wear a bra now!

I, too, wear my maternity tanks with the shelf bra and pull it down over my boon

No, you do not need to wear a bra w/ a nursing tank, i bet you will like it much better

·
Registered
1 Posts
Definitely go without the bra. They are made to make it easier for nursing. Finding a shirt that accommodates nursing was a daily chore so I gave up and just lift the whole thing up when my little one is hungry. But the tanks I bought are good for wearing around the house. I just unsnap the strap.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts