Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
706 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright ladies... Tax return season is here and I've got the potential means to buy some of the good fermented CLO. But I'm wondering if I really NEED to. Money isn't loose enough right now to make it an easy decision. We've got our own chickens that free range. We've got our own pastured dairy cows and unlimited supplies of raw milk and butter. We are also very pale northern-blooded folks, sunlight magnets. I've also got a pastured pig due for the chop in March. Do you think I've got enough going on there to justify not getting something I know my kiddos would benefit from? I wonder sometimes about our omega three intake, thinking we should have more than eggs and other food sources... And flax oil is SOOO much cheaper. But what about A and D?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Well, if you cook with the lard from your pastured pig, that's a good source of D. And if you add liver to your diet or swallow liver "pills", that's a good source of A. The Omega 3's could come from different sources; you could invest in eating more fish, or you could buy fish oil, or you could rely on the Omega 3's in your beef, if it's grassfed.

I think CLO is an easy source of all of those, though, and the fermented kind supposedly has other great stuff in it, too, like K2 and E. I'd spring for a bottle, and then use it sparingly if you feel you need to, in concert with the stuff above.

·
Premium Member
11,072 Posts

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
You could go for the chocolate cream flavor since they're discontinuing it. It's only $22 a bottle, that's not too spendy compared to most of their stuff.

It looks like Salty Cod is back on the regular (non-sale) list, though.

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Nordic Naturals and Carlson's supposedly now has synthetic A. Apparently all the Norway producers do.

Have you seen the prices at Building-health.com? They have the best prices I've seen, at around $44. Here's their link:
http://www.building-health.com/westo...pired-c-1.html

Good luck deciding!

ETA: keep in mind that the fermented CLO has much smaller doses, so you get a lot more doses for that higher price. It comes out at a better price point than the old stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.