Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the Britax Marathon that I ordered from AlbeeBaby.com and the date of manufacture is 03/03/09- which is fantastic for the price ($179 shipped). If someone wants a terrific convertible with a girly cover (the only one on sale at that price), it's a great opportunity to grab one.

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, that's what I'm doing- selling the Ashley and buying Cowmoo

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
wow! Great great price. I'm actually thinking of getting the nautilus for Grace though - and then one of the 30lb infant buckets for the baby. I already have a SafeSeat Step 2 that is totally girly and will work for Grace until next winter - and then for the baby

I'm still perturbed about what to do though - if I invest in a new convertible (ala FP True Fit), then the baby could rear face longer - but then I'd be taking Grace OUT of it when baby reaches 30lb weight limit of infant bucket, yk? (of course, Grace was NEARLY 3 before she hit that weight limit - but bet you can't really use them that long!)

what to do what to do

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
We have the Nautilus in my car for my 5 yo. It's a great seat. He's still harnessed in it.

We still have the Marathon that he's been using since he was 3 mths old; it's in DH's car. He just had a growth spurt so I have to check and see if he still fits in it--he may be too tall. So we may be buying another Nautilus soon. Not to mention the Marathon expires in Dec 2009.

The Marathon deal is super, but it will be a year after DOM before my babe goes in it, so I don't want to lose out on a year of the life of the seat. I have a Snugride 22 from my sis that we'll use at first. We'll see if this baby tolerates the bucket better than DS did. I sure hope so since we'll have to get through a Chicago winter.....

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This one is a spare seat, I'll probably buy a Boulevard for the baby's main convertible. Depends on how I feel about the Swedish seats by then, and how impressed I am with the ARB on the True Fit (I'm not sure if the bar will provide as much stability as the rf tether). But we can always use a Marathon around here- my DS who will be 4 in 2 weeks fits really well in it, and so does my 6yo.

Julia, do you like the Graco SafeSeat 2? (Is it called the CozyCline now??). I've liked the way it looks in BRU, but never tried it out.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Deb ~ I have to say, putting the bundle me on the baby bucket made it WAY more comfy for dd during the winter - she always seemed SO snug and cozy...never complained (while my first dd, who needed it in the summer - was MISERABLE in it!)

Kayle - I LOVE the safeseat - but it's ONLY forward facing! It has the most amazing recline....I can actually recline her after she's fallen asleep without waking her and with the seat being installed like a rock. It's a great great seat. But - it falls short bc it only goes to the standard 40lbs.

Maybe I should buy the Nautilus (doesn't it recline also?) and then just sell my safeseat? That way I can buy the baby a new everything basically. New bucket - new convertible....and then into the Nautilus. Ahhh, the trouble when your baby is 7.5 years younger than your oldest - you really have to replace ALL your seats

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia24 View Post
Deb ~ I have to say, putting the bundle me on the baby bucket made it WAY more comfy for dd during the winter - she always seemed SO snug and cozy...never complained (while my first dd, who needed it in the summer - was MISERABLE in it!)
I know, that's why I am PRAYING that this babe can tolerate it. DS would SCREAM in the car until we switched him to the Marathon.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia24 View Post
Maybe I should buy the Nautilus (doesn't it recline also?) and then just sell my safeseat? That way I can buy the baby a new everything basically. New bucket - new convertible....and then into the Nautilus. Ahhh, the trouble when your baby is 7.5 years younger than your oldest - you really have to replace ALL your seats

I am not familiar with the SS2, but the Nautilus does not really recline at all. My son rarely falls asleep in the car anymore, so it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
834 Posts
That is an awesome price!!! I still have my 5yr old and my 3.5yr olds in the Marathons - they have plenty of room to go weightwise (both just now about 40lb) and about 1-2" to go on the shoulder height!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticMum View Post
That is an awesome price!!! I still have my 5yr old and my 3.5yr olds in the Marathons - they have plenty of room to go weightwise (both just now about 40lb) and about 1-2" to go on the shoulder height!

You actually want to be checking where their head and ears are in relation to the top of the plastic shell of the seat, not their shoulder height. You have until the tops of the ears meet the top of the seat back, or up to 65 lbs and 49". Nothing to do with the straps. This is per Britax.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by deymm View Post
You actually want to be checking where their head and ears are in relation to the top of the plastic shell of the seat, not their shoulder height. You have until the tops of the ears meet the top of the seat back, or up to 65 lbs and 49". Nothing to do with the straps. This is per Britax.

Well - you ALSO have to watch the height of the shoulder straps - you know, their shoulders must be AT or BELOW the height of the highest harness placement (or whichever harness placement you are using) in order to be safe.

I would be surprised if a kiddos ears were above the top of the shell and their shoulders BELOW the highest harness - that would be one long necked kid!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.