Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
I just got my BFP today at 12dpo and i have been cramping since 9dpo. I think the cramping may have been the blastocyst implanting and I got shadow lines on ICs on 10&11 dpo but not a true pink line on FRER till today 12dpo. I read it takes 48-72 hrs for HCG to double so it can easily take a few days before the levels are high enought ot detect on a test. Good luck

·
Premium Member
170 Posts
I did IUI's on June 26 and 27, I felt implantation onf June 29th (I know it sounds early, but I KNOW I implanted that day) and I didn't test until July 4th (woo hoo a birthday present to my DP). I probably could have tested before then but I was purposely waiting. My BFP was still kinda faint that day but by July 6th I was pulling +'s on a digi.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the quick replies!

jenandjames- congrats on your BFP!! I had a waterbirth in April '08 too.

dana- great present for your partner!

·
Premium Member
14,501 Posts
i had all the signs of implantation on 6dpo (started getting cramps/symptoms on 5dpo) including the implantation dip then going triphasic

testing daily from 9dpo on I started getting shadows of a line at 11dpo and a faint bfp by 13dpo but a blaring bfp complete with digital bfp by 15dpo

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
it's supposed to be possible to detect hcg as soon as 2-3 days after implantation but that's not likely. the avg + home preg test for people testing early is around 12-13 dpo, and the avg implantation, i believe, is around 6 days, give or take 2 days (or so) either way. one thing that is kind of neat, female embryos make more hcg, even in the first few weeks after conception, so if you get a real early bfp, you might have a better chance of a girl, and vice versa for a boy if yours comes later but you know your o date for certain. (that would be an interesting little study to do on the test/obsess thread with the ladies who start testing early- to see when they go from neg to pos, and what they end up having.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.