Mothering Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did your mc? Did you have a ptl? I was dxed 2 days ago with one and they said I have an increased risk of mc and ptl. I was just wondering how much is 'increased'? Anyone have any studies for me? Little worried and would like any peace of mind I can get. TIA.

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Full Heart
Did your mc? Did you have a ptl? I was dxed 2 days ago with one and they said I have an increased risk of mc and ptl. I was just wondering how much is 'increased'? Anyone have any studies for me? Little worried and would like any peace of mind I can get. TIA.
I had neither. It was about 3x3cm and totally resolved on its own. There was no evidence of it at the time of birth. It was initially seen on an 18 week ultrasound.

I did some research on subchorionic bleeds recently and the sum total of that was that they were most often associated with totally normal pregnanices.

Good luck!

Carolynn

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I had one this pregnancy at 9 weeks. I bled a ton and was convinced I had miscarried until I had an ultrasound that showed otherwise. But my bleed was small, around 2 cm. My OB said they were most concerned with bleeds larger than around 4 cm and that smaller ones usually resolve by themselves. I was told no heavy exercise and no heavy lifting, but since then the pregnancy has been totally normal.

·
Registered
528 Posts
I had one this pregnancy at about 11 weeks. I woke up to what I thought was a lot of blood and was sure I was mc'ing. Went to hospital and internal US diagnosed subchorionic bleed [which I had never heard of before.]

I am now 38 weeks along to a fiesty baby girl who I anticipate holding in my arms very, very soon!

·
Registered
422 Posts
I have one now, I'm relieved to see so many others with it!

Mine was really small, and at 15 weeks. 1 cm but I was put on complete bedrest, and when I looked it up over the net I found you don't need the bedrest... but I'm still doing it anyway.

I was told a month before I was diagnosed that she had a patient with a much larger one than mine and it resolved in a few weeks. I was told I would bleed off and on, but I never have again.

I also thought I was miscarrying when I woke up to what seemed to be alot of blood.

I go back the 17th for an u/s to see if it's gone or not

·
Registered
3,862 Posts
I had a subchorionic bleed at 6 weeks during my 2nd pregnancy. I didnt bleed at all - would never have even known it was there if I hadnt had an early ultrasound. They told me not to worry about it. I took it upon myself to take it very easy and not have sex. I went back at 12 weeks and it was gone.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I had a subchorionic hematoma with my last pregnancy. I bled at 6 weeks then stopped then at 12 weeks and then stopped and then at 14 weeks and it continued until about 20 or so weeks. The bleeds at 12weeks and 14 weeks were really bad with lots of gushing. I really didn't think a baby could survive with the amount of blood I lost. But she did. My SCH started at 8cm and grew to 13 cm. They didn't give the pregnancy much hope. They talked about steroids at 20 weeks for lung development because of the increase in ptl. We never needed them
I stopped actually bleeding around 20 weeks but the bleed never fully absorbed and was present at delivery. DD was born full term.

·
Registered
622 Posts
I had an SCH in my first pregnancy, diagnosed after spotting and an ultrasound at 10 weeks. It resolved itself by my next ultrasound at 14 weeks. And I had been told that I may have a small baby because of an "inadequate" placenta (due to the SCH) - my little boy was born healthy and CHUBBY (8.5 pounds, 20 inches long).

By the way, what is a PTL???

Good luck! Everything will be fine!

Melanie

·
Registered
3,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks so much ladies for your encouraging words. Finally today, after a week of bleeding, I haven't bled at all. Hopefully everything will resolve itself and I will have an uneventful remainder of my pg. My mw will come out this week to see if we can hear the hb again. I will most likely ask for another u/s at 20 weeks if no other bleeding occurs between now and then. I want to make sure my placenta looks ok.

Katie your story was really inspiring - thanks for sharing.

Melanie - ptl = pre term labor

·
Registered
244 Posts
I had one with my son, and I had 3 episodes of a LOT of bleeding (soaking through big pads every 15 minutes, for about an hour each time). I don't remember the size, but none of the midwives seemed too hopeful. The backup OB said that we'd have to watch for IUGR due to it, but everything was fine -- I had a full-term 10 lb baby!

If I recall the internet research I did at the time, the size and location of the clot are the important factors. I couldn't believe how many women I talked to who had one of these, and yet it was close to impossible to find any info on it! All the women I've known who had them had full-term pregnancies, by the way!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.