Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Share yours here.....things that are so ridiculous and indicative of a narrow mind

**outdoors unmasked isn’t 100% safe. Too many factors such as wind direction ect

**I am 100% for requiring proof of vaccination for live events. If you didn’t get vaccinated, stop going out to shows. Getting vaxxed or not is a personal choice, but seeing live music is a privilege. You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Shit is coming back and 98% of cases are unvaccinated people, those are the numbers. Events are cancelling again and mask mandates are coming back because of it. These are facts. The choice is yours, but the rest of us aren’t trying to carry all the weight for you and livelihoods are at stake.
Vax up or stay the fuck home.

**If you don’t want to get vaxxed because of some conspiracy theory, you can stay away from our venues and music scene, and please also stay the fuck away from me
✌🏼

**So the vaccine is kinda like wearing a seatbelt. It isn’t 100% effective, but it works incredibly well.

·
Registered
439 Posts
This article is the mental equivalent of playing Twister, making a pretzel, trying to follow an Escher... But, maybe if we called it a po-TAH-toe, instead of a po-TAY-to people would be less confused?

Breakthrough Infections Actually Prove that Vaccines Work
What’s in a name? The term ‘breakthrough infection’ raises doubts about vaccines.

With Covid-19 the expression has been used to describe an infection that “broke” through the protective immunity of the vaccine – and this is sometimes misinterpreted as a sign the vaccine is not working.

"As Emory’s Del Rio pointed out, words matter. 'I think ‘breakthrough,’ while virologically and technically may be the right term, [for the general public] it may not be the right term,' he said."

An alternative phrase I’ve heard in some circles is “post-vaccine infection.”

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This article is the mental equivalent of playing Twister, making a pretzel, trying to follow an Escher... But, maybe if we called it a po-TAH-toe, instead of a po-TAY-to people would be less confused?

Breakthrough Infections Actually Prove that Vaccines Work
What’s in a name? The term ‘breakthrough infection’ raises doubts about vaccines.

With Covid-19 the expression has been used to describe an infection that “broke” through the protective immunity of the vaccine – and this is sometimes misinterpreted as a sign the vaccine is not working.

"As Emory’s Del Rio pointed out, words matter. 'I think ‘breakthrough,’ while virologically and technically may be the right term, [for the general public] it may not be the right term,' he said."

An alternative phrase I’ve heard in some circles is “post-vaccine infection.”

i wonder how parents would feel if breakthrough measles mumps and rubella or polio hit their kids after full vaccination.....oh,,that's right - blame the unvaxxed, as the pertussis vax is not blamed, but other people for a case of pertussis, despite the faulty vaccine.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
subject is nonvaxxed in hospitals...

**So all I will say, is yes, I know of one cardiac death, due to full capacity hospitals in the KC area. It’s a huge mess her right now. I am filled with dread because I work this week-end and am just so angry with people right now.

my reply --''so, are you just as angry with those who got vaccinated, and ended up in the hospital anyway''?

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
talking about fully vaxxed ships/venues....the attitude is shifting blame to those 'carrying fake cards'

''Well from what my vaccination card looks like, I’m sure that they can be easily replicated''

really? i want a fake one as do others i know......altho i seriously doubt i would go to a place where all the vaxxed are spreading some crap amongst themselves...

·
Registered
100 Posts
subject is nonvaxxed in hospitals...

**So all I will say, is yes, I know of one cardiac death, due to full capacity hospitals in the KC area. It’s a huge mess her right now. I am filled with dread because I work this week-end and am just so angry with people right now.

my reply --''so, are you just as angry with those who got vaccinated, and ended up in the hospital anyway''?
Anyone who works in a hospital has probably spent their whole career dealing with people who were there because of poor choices

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So, let's go to a huge event with tens of thousands of people, and if there's an outbreak of covid, we will blame the south...
here is a pic of Phish in Atlantic City last night with a concert happening...the person who posted the pic, AND was there, of course claimed if quarantines and lockdown happens again, ''we can blame the South''.....???????? wtf....
No description available.

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Reactions: Deborah

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
''The unvaxxed are a dying breed''

my reply --'' I wonder if the Amish think of themselves that way, and by your standards, they all should have died off decades ago from all the disease all over the place''.....

·
Registered
100 Posts
This isn't really ignorance, just lying. No way he believes what he's saying.
"I think these are the safest and most effective vaccines that I've seen developed certainly during the lifespan of my medical career, and perhaps that we've ever had." -Dr. Allen Sills, the NFL's chief medical officer, trying to convince all of the players to get the Covid vaccine

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Another new excuse? As usual, use only ten people as a control sample to justify falsehoods.

The viral loads in the throats of vaccinated persons who become infected with delta rises at identical rates as in unvaccinated persons, but only for the first few days. After five days or so, the viral loads in the vaccinated person start to quickly drop whereas those in the unvaccinated person persist. This key set of observations is important for several reasons relating to vaccinated persons serving as vectors for spread.'

·
Registered
24,947 Posts
Wow - do you have a link for that? That is fabulous!

·
Registered
108 Posts
"Vaccine mandates are not discriminatory."

"The mandates are the literal definition of discrimination."

"No, it's not discrimination because you have a choice."

"Religion is a choice, as is being in a gay relationship (vs. being gay and choosing celibacy)"

"Those aren't choices."

How can one have a conversation with someone who is so illogical?

"I've decided not to have the covid vaccine because I'm low risk and I'm wary about the possible side effects that have been reported."

"The vaccine isn't just for your benefit - it's for everybody's. Having the vaccine protects you and everyone else."

"One can still get covid and spread covid if they've had the vaccine, so why does it matter if I'm prepared to take that risk upon myself?"

"Because if you get covid, you could develop complications, end up in hospital, and overwhelm the healthcare system."

"The same could be said about anyone who drinks, smokes, does drugs, drives a car, rides a bicycle in the streets, eats a poor diet (high amount of processed food, trans fat, saturated fat), is sedentary, is chronically underslept/works at night, or is not receiving treatment for a chronic or acute illness (mental or physical)."

"That doesn't count."

Again...no logic or reason.

"Pro vaxxers don't want me to work or be a part of society...so what, do they want me to end up on the street or dead?"

"We don't want you on the street or dead...we care about you. That's why we want you to choose the vaccine."

"But if I'm not allowed to live my life without the vaccine, then it's not a choice."

"It is a choice - a choice we're encouraging you to make. You just need a little push."

"If it is a choice, then I can choose to opt out. If I opt out, then I cannot work. If I cannot work, I cannot pay rent. If I cannt pay rent, I will be homeless. If I'm homeless, there's a good chance I will die. So, would you rather I were dead and unvaccinated than alive and unvaccinated?"

"No, of course not, we don't want you dead. We just want you to get the vaccine."

And the circles continue.

"They are mandating vaccines for all work, all entertainment venues, all fitness centres, all universities, all indoor dining...it's practically house arrest."

"It's not house arrest."

"What would you call it then? If I'm not allowed to work or go anywhere outside my home, isn't that house arrest?"

"It's not house arrest."

"How is it not?"

"....."

It reminds me so much of arguments against veganism/for animal exploitation. Vegans call it how it is. We use words that describe, by definition, what is happening. Carnists feel uncomfortable so they attack the word choice or the vegan's personality or looks...but never seem to have an argument that justifies the exploitation of animals.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are very rarely "adverse reactions" to the flu shot and everyone should be getting a flu shot every year! There is no reason not to get it! Same goes for COVID shots. GET THEM! Stop inventing reasons and just do it!

I told her to quit lying to people. ..

1 - 20 of 75 Posts