Mothering Forum banner
41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
I’ve seen it too. I identify as liberal but most people on Facebook and on the go to media have gone insane and I wonder if politically everything has shifted - the death wishes and hatred isn’t at all what being liberal used to stand for: being tolerant, humanism, kindness, equality. It shows what propaganda and agitation can do to any people, well educated people, quickly. The fear and anger messaging is working to divide the people and instill death wishes - I don’t know how that isn’t viewed as a huge problem!
It reminds me of this amazing essay by RFK, Jr. Pre-Covid, but still brilliant and relevant.
Vaccines and the Liberal Mind
Instead of demanding blue-ribbon safety science and encouraging honest, open and responsible debate on the science, too many online outlets are silencing critics and shutting down discussion on this key public health and civil rights issue
...Supporting a law that forces Americans to relinquish control of their bodies to a corporate/state behemoth is an odd posture for liberals, who once championed the precept of “informed consent,” as the mainstay of the Nuremberg Code and the declarations of Helsinki and Geneva which protect individuals against all coerced medical interventions.
...treating faith in vaccines as a religion; the heresy of questioning dogma meets with anathema and excommunication.
The core of liberalism is a healthy skepticism toward government and business. So why do vaccines get a mulligan?

·
Registered
108 Posts
a soon to be ex friend puts up this pic, and then claims he didn't call anyone stupid

View attachment 130430
This implies that people who consider what's in a drug or vaccine don't consider other aspects of what they out in their bodies. I've never eaten a hot dog in my life (except those made from wheat or soy). The last time I ate processed meat, I was in the single digits. I eat (mostly) whole foods, always plant based, mostly organic. I use a Berkey water filter. I use air filters in my home. I 100% avoid synthetic chemicals in my cleaning products and body products. I 100% avoid synthetic scents (food grade essential oils or no scent at all). The few times I wear make up, I use stuff made from fruit. I only use meneral suncream (which I often make myself). I avoid medications unless they are absolutely necessary and I've exausted more natural options. I've taken antibiotics once in my whole life. In the past four years, I've taken over the counter meds twice. Now that I've discovered that ginger powder works just as well, I doubt I'll need that ever again. I'm on zero prescription medications (always seems to shock doctors). Another parent I knew who also questioned vaccines for her children (delayed schedule and skipped some altogether) was the same. Before I could do this for myself, my mother ensured my optimal health and made these choices for me. Now that I'm responsible for my health, I make sure to be conciencious about what I put into my body and on my body.

People who make remarks like this are a special kind of stupid. Truly, they are ignorant.

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
One of the most common arguments brought forward to push the covid vaccine is polio.

Here is a good response thread going over the history of polio. I was born in 1950, so I lived through several years of polio epidemics without seeing a single victim of polio as a child. In fact I didn't meet one until I was in my 30s.

·
Registered
340 Posts
One of the most common arguments brought forward to push the covid vaccine is polio.

Here is a good response thread going over the history of polio. I was born in 1950, so I lived through several years of polio epidemics without seeing a single victim of polio as a child. In fact I didn't meet one until I was in my 30s.
From the article : "In 1952, the worst year for polio on record (besides a contested 1916 outbreak), polio killed 3,145." That is is an "epidemic?"

Polio was the "summer" disease. DDT trucks were going through neighborhoods and kids were running behind the truck playing in the DDT spray. That's messed up.

I recall reading a story about polio that agrees with this article. It tells how polio originated in a small town in the NE I believe. Some kids got sick. Had weird symptoms. Turns out the town doctor figured out what was happening. The kids were playing in an apple orchard and eating the apples. The apples had been sprayed with a new pesticide.

The March of Dimes really pushed the polio narrative. It's interesting the similarities every time with new vaccines. I'm starting to see all this now. Media, govt, and philanthropies all jump on board at the same time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Copied from a news story on FB...

“The unvaccinated are endangering those of us that have been vaccinated.”

(Reply)

“Fred Strickland, you're right.

My daughter was fully vaccinated but contracted COVID-19. After two and a half weeks she's almost feeling normal again. Her sense of smell and taste are slowly returning. She has asthma but was able to heal at home. “

“They're certainly controlling our lives.”

🤔

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
He needs the guillotine

"I believe that mandating vaccines for children to appear in school is a good idea," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told CNN this week, noting that this would not be a radical idea to impose.
"This is not something new. We have mandates in many places in schools, particularly public schools, that if in fact you want a child to come in -- we've done this for decades and decades requiring (vaccines for) polio, measles, mumps, rubella, hepatitis," Fauci said. "So this would not be something new, requiring vaccinations for children to come to school."

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've long felt that mandatory vaccination for school attendance was unethical (not even counting the covid jabs). Education is a right and required by law. Not every child can be homeschooled. If the child cannot be educated at home and thus the parents are required by law to send her to school, they are then coerced into a medical decision for their child.

Excemptions do exist, but not every state allows philosophical and/or religious exemptions; and not every parent declines vaccination for a religious or philosophical reasons, so parents for whom this is the only option are forced to either lie about their beliefs or be coerced into medical treatment. Parents opting out for medical reasons can't even always get medical exemptions - they are notoriously difficult to get.

Not only do government run (public/state) schools mandate vaccines - private schools are forced to mandate them as well, even if they don't want to.

As far as I can tell, most parents want their children vaccinated. They choose this of their own free will based on guidance from paediatricians. Why add stress and hassle for the small minority of parents who don't want their child to have a particular vaccine or any vaccine? Why take the risk of depriving children of their right to education? We trust parents to make good choices for their children in every other area, from diet to discipline. Why don't we trust parents to make informed decisions on vaccination?

If a vaccine is really as safe, effective, and life saving as it is purported to be, no parent would hesitate. The fact that some parents hesitate is evidence of a faulty product, a lack of necessity, lack of medical guidance from doctors to parents, or lack of access to doctors for children.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
''There are very few breakthrough cases where vaccinated people get the vaccine. It is almost all unvaccinated people passing it around like an STD ''

·
Registered
19,147 Posts
''There are very few breakthrough cases where vaccinated people get the vaccine. It is almost all unvaccinated people passing it around like an STD ''
That quote is confusing.

Reactions: applejuice

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
''I don’t blame the unvaxxed for the virus spreading. But I do blame them for the hospitals being full again, which I believe is essentially how the crisis level is measured.''

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
In regards to taking the almighty vaccine -

'' If you're not going to participate in society you might as well drop out of society. ''

a longtime friend said that to another longtime friend of hers -- two decades of friendship reduced to slander/namecalling - ALL over this 'effin' vaccine

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
One thing the pro side seems content with is wishing death on the unvaxxed for no reason, out of the blue...

I have noticed, the unvaxxed are not wishing death, adverse events or long term adverse outcomes for those who got vaccinated...

I have not now, nor ever made blanket statements for no reason, out of the blue, that the vaccinated should suffer long term consequences for taking their trusted vaccine.

I do see plenty of fingerpointing and blame from vaccinated, wishing death on those who don't participate in the experiment to 'help control the spread'.

·
Registered
13 Posts
One thing the pro side seems content with is wishing death on the unvaxxed for no reason, out of the blue...

I have noticed, the unvaxxed are not wishing death, adverse events or long term adverse outcomes for those who got vaccinated...

I have not now, nor ever made blanket statements for no reason, out of the blue, that the vaccinated should suffer long term consequences for taking their trusted vaccine.

I do see plenty of fingerpointing and blame from vaccinated, wishing death on those who don't participate in the experiment to 'help control the spread'.
Yep, read any FB comment section and you’ll find the death wishes.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yep, read any FB comment section and you’ll find the death wishes.
I have absolutely realized this over the past several weeks. The people I discovered who do not vaccinate are well-researched (have tons of videos and articles to share), thoughtful, open minded and respectful in dialogue. They don't mind if you vaccinate. It's your choice. They are absolutely pro-choice.

The pro Covid vaccine group can be extremely angry and hateful. Not all. But some. They are clearly NOT pro-choice.

I'm not sure who they think they are going to convince by being so hateful and condescending with their rhetoric. I've come to the conclusion that the most angry and condescending of the pro Covid vaccine crowd are simply use to getting their way since the media, the govt, and most of the medical establishment is on their side. They don't know how to handle opposition. They use certain words over and over again. It's very odd. It's almost as if they are living in a simulation, and opposition to their beliefs messes up their system.

It's obvious to me now how people throughout time have created hierarchical and segregated societies. They simply tell themselves that they are correct and then that allows them to do anything they want to other people.

·
Registered
5,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
It's obvious to me now how people throughout time have created hierarchical and segregated societies. They simply tell themselves that they are correct and then that allows them to do anything they want to other people.
It especially helps when you have lots of money to influence certain people

·
Registered
340 Posts
It especially helps when you have lots of money to influence certain people
I agree.

The money part is the deciding factor. Pharma spent $30 billion on marketing in 2019. $20 billion went to "schmoozing" doctors.

Goodness knows how much goes to influencing politicians. Plus politicians own stock in pharma companies and then pass laws that influence that industry.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts