Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
586 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason I had thought the third pregnancy breastfeeding would be easier, but tbh I have almost given up 2'x and lo is just 2 weeks. I am mainly have time management issues, I have to take care of 4 other kids and the house most days and I have to run around so much picking up and dropping the kids I can't get settled in much with the baby. I am taking goats rue, alfalfa, and blessed thistle as well as eating lactation cookies I made but I do not see any increase in supply. Lo is not the best nurser and will go long stretches w/o wanting to nurse then want to nurse a ton and I don't know if she is hungry or not so end up giving her a bottle every 3 or so hours, she is getting 12-15 oz of formula per 24 hours on top of nursing whenever she wants. I also don't know when to pump, I have tried and my busy schedule just does not make it easy to find the time to pump. I just hope that things will settle down with the lo and the house, and I can find more time to pump at the very least. I am hopefully getting a new pump from insurance in a week or two as mine is 5.5 years old. Just needed to vent, I hope it is worth all the stress. i have very little time to relax and I am worried the stress is making things worse with my supply. It was so much easier with the 1st and even 2nd but now I have 5 including my step kids here 5-6 days a week so igt is just awful with multiple children and I am just trying to muster through it and give dd the little amount I make and hope the herbs are helping some with production though it doesn't feel like it.

·
Registered
7,127 Posts
Congratulations! :grin:

I'm short on time...my quick answer:

It sounds like you need to slow down. Maybe someone could help?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts