Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
667 Posts
how lovely!!

but, dang it! now i have to flip through the whole catalog real quick while DD naps!

ah well, the dishes can wait.........

· Registered
45,796 Posts

It's not just the fact that they show a family bed- the text even supports it! They're acting like it's the most normal thing in the world for the kids to climb in with mom and dad- which it is!

Quote:
When all the kids come to sleep in your bed, who's going to have the favorite pillow? Make sure everyone has their own.

· Registered
1,920 Posts
That's wonderful! I would love to send off a letter or e-mail to "someone important" at IKEA to tell them how much I love seeing a family bed in their magazine. Anyone know how I can do this?

· Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
That's wonderful! I would love to send off a letter or e-mail to "someone important" at IKEA to tell them how much I love seeing a family bed in their magazine. Anyone know how I can do this?
Looking through my catalogue, I couldn't find any customer service type numbers or addresses for Home Office.

Try online at www.IKEA-USA.com

· Registered
4,170 Posts
I had 2 Swedish roomates in college... they told me stuff like the family bed, recycling, etc. are things that have just "always been" in Swedish culture. Also, that when they were teens, their boyfriends were allowed to spend the night, since their parents wanted them to have "healthy" sexual relationships rather than "secret" ones going on goodness knows where... interesting concept!

· Registered
55 Posts
Just a question...because I was looking at mattresses online at IKEA and aren't they filled with polypropylene and flame ret. ??? Just asking...I am reaserching and trying to find a safe matress that isn't an arm and a leg for my baby...not a crib mattress Peace...love the ad .... co-sleep!!!!

· Registered
667 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by kahbo
Just a question...because I was looking at mattresses online at IKEA and aren't they filled with polypropylene and flame ret. ??? Just asking...I am reaserching and trying to find a safe matress that isn't an arm and a leg for my baby...not a crib mattress Peace...love the ad .... co-sleep!!!!

Yeah, I had heard through the grapevine that the best place to get untreated mattresses is Ikea.
I asked at an organic shop here about the cost of an organic cotton single bed mattress (no box spring or anything) and it was almost $1500!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.