Mothering Forum banner

I'll show you mine if you show me yours

3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  MamaBug 
#1 ·
Hi I have a friend who has a first grader that just got in trouble at school. For the good old I'll show you mine (private area) if you show me yours. Also there was a little bit of touching.
I was suprised that it started this young.
I have a second grader that would freak if someone said this to her.
My friend is very responsible about talking to her son about this type of stuff.
Is this pretty normal for this age?

#3 ·
This happened to me when I was about that age. It was a cousin who insisted we (another girl cousin of mine) disrobe, but he wouldn't. I remeber not wanting to , but my younger cousin didn't think twice. I ended up negotiating to touch his penis and I disrobed. By the way, parents were in (all of ours) were in the next room, but didn't know about it until I told my parents on the way home. When I think back on this I freak out. I don't know if it's normal, but I thought I would share my experience.

#4 ·
Mine is too young for this now but I read "From Diaper to Dating" which is a really good book on childhood sexuality, and it is normal. She says that as long as the children are within a couple of years age of eachother and it is mutual that it is normal exploration and not anything to be alarmed of.

#5 ·
It actaully starts younger than that. I found DS at the age of 2 1/2 with our friend DD. Both of them had their pants pulled down staring at each other privates. Of course they didn't realize it was wrong cause when I walked in the room they just pointed at each other in surprise that it was so different.

#7 ·
I have read that this is completely normal at this age as well. My close friends son however was just caught putting his hands down some girls pants at school during math, he is also in first grade
I was horrified!

My ds who is almost 6 has known from and early age that noone is to touch or see his private area. I can only hope that if this "game" comes up he will leave and tell me what is happening. I realize it is all out of curiosity but it is still disturbing to me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.