Mothering Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And all I can say is THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, mamas!

When I found out I was pregnant, I knew I had to research...my first son is circ'd and has nothing but problems, and with your help, we are informed and NOT circ'ing this boy!

And NOW, I am on other pregnancy boards spreading the word!

And wooooo!
Some of those ladies are getting feisty.

I seriously just want to bang my head when I hear such bullsh*t answers though.
:
:

AGGGGGHHHHHH!

I suppose I should give some slack since I did it to my first without even questioning anything, or not even having a good bullsh*t excuse (it doesn't hurt, he will look like his dad, etc)...I just did it. Sigh.

But, I am proud of me now!

·
Registered
8,658 Posts
be bold, be brave, go where i don't have the heart to go (you all think i get riled up here, i couldn't take it. just *reading* gives me the willies.)

no, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! you are a hero; you could save a baby's life (and his future sex life, for sure, lol.)

suse

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by suseyblue
be bold, be brave, go where i don't have the heart to go (you all think i get riled up here, i couldn't take it. just *reading* gives me the willies.)

no, thank you, thank you, thank you!!! you are a hero; you could save a baby's life (and his future sex life, for sure, lol.)

suse

That goes for me too!!!!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
You go, girl! Spread the word!

The fact that you had one circ'd and not the other will make an extra big impact, too, I think, and hopefully squash some of the "but they'll look different" excuses, too!

We are proud of you, too! (you can take those other mommas, by the way! They don't have a chance, 'cause you've got the real facts.)

·
Registered
317 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 3under3
Aw, shucks!

Thanks!
No. Seriously. Thank you.

Recognizing the wrongfulness of routine and ritual male genital amputation is hard enough, good enough, to merit praise and gratitude.

But going beyond that to an actual committment to actively defend and protect little boys against this violation is worthy of much, much more.

I was cut without my parents' consent back in the sixties. And every day in this struggle is full of contact with people who still casually, trivially objectify me on the basis of my gender, and deny my individuality and basic humanity without even a passing thought, and dismiss my wounding as nonexistent and then accuse me of psychological instability simply for feeling angry and violated by it.

And every woman who stands up to defend the boys still at risk, defends me as well, and is a true heroine.

So, no.

Seriously.

Thank you.

·
Registered
11,770 Posts

Spread the word, mama!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.