Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been away from the computer for awhile because a month ago, at my regular appt. I was found to be funnelling. I went into the hospital, had an emergency cerclage (I was 22 weeks so that was pretty scary), and have been home on bed rest for the last few weeks. I did TOTAL rest for the first 3 weeks (probably because I was in my in-laws cottage as opposed to my house with the kids) , but in the last week it has been a lot harder. I came back to my own house and the kids are all over me. We do have some help, but it's still really tough. The cerclage seems to be working, though, and tomorrow I will be 26 weeks. My next goal is 28, and then 32, and then at 36 they will remove the stitch and I will be off bed rest.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Wow! Sorry to hear that you are going through all of this. I am sure that bed rest is not easy, especially now with kids around. That is great though that the cerclage seems to be doing good, and you have made it to 26 weeks! I think it is good that you are setting small goals for yourself. You are in my thoughts! Try and take care of you and that baby! You can do it!

·
Registered
699 Posts
Wow - how scary! I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to be on bedrest with other children to take care of. Glad you have some help and that things are going well! Take it easy!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not even sure, but I think it's when the internal os starts opening - the cervix has two layers and if the inner one is open the whole cervix is not as strong.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.