Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies! I'm more of a lurker than a poster but I have been out of town for a few weeks & have been away from the boards. Anyways I thought I would have come home with a bfp in my belly but nope AF started this am so onward & upward.

How many of you get STUPID comments from family? The rest of my family seems to breed like rabbits & here I am not able to hold a pregnancy yet (1m/c & 1 chemical pregnancy) I am ok with evreything that is happening ith me & 99% of the time hold to the belief tghat my baby will make it to me when she thinks I'm ready.

But..... when I was home we had a patry & my aunt was asking why we don't have a baby yet. & I did the normal well it just isn't our time yet schpeil & she proceeds to say to me me "huh - you'll probably be the one person in our family that can't get pregnant!!!" THen follows it up by asking if we would adopt. I was so flabergasted I didn't say anything! Have any of you gone through this!!!

Take care *babydust to all*
I hope to be around more now that life is settling back down!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
kate- welcomne back!!!
your aunt sounds like a horribly rude person-and you should tell her so! (at least i would)
youll get your sweet baby when its time.
- and hoping you get a babe sooner than later!

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
Welcome back Kate! How rude of your aunt! Sometimes they just don't even think about what they are saying don't they. I get "comments" every once in awhile that just make me want to scream!

Good luck catching that egg. Hope you get that wanted baby very soon.

Cheryl

<<<<<<<<
>>>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Ladies!! I can't wait to have time to post more & get to know you all better!!! (((((bighugz))))))

·
Registered
5,270 Posts
Welcome back!

My standard response to the "How come you guys don't have children yet?" is simply and calmly to look right into their eyes and say...."I don't know. It's certainly not for lack of trying."

Some people get all tongue tied and start apologizing....ooooo....I'm so sorry. I didn't realize you were trying. (To which I feel like saying.....exactly, which is why it's impolite to ask such a personal question.)

And then they usually throw in some story about someone they knew who had "trouble" getting pregnant and then she finally tried __________ (fillin the blank with -- acupuncture, Clomid, gave up trying/started adoption process etc.) and she got pregnant. Maybe you should try that.

: Gee thanks.

Anyway. I agree. Your aunt was just plain rude.
Sorry you had to experience that.

~Erin

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Erin!! I normally can come up with pretty good stuff but I was caught off guard!!!!
DH is wondering why I didn't say anything!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts