Mothering Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>Quick backstory for those who don't know: I'm currently 29 weeks pregnant. Baby's father is an emotionally abusive alcoholic. I have been staying with a friend since September when he kicked me out. I'm moving in with my parents in just under two weeks. A lot of my stuff is still at ex's place because he lives an hour away...I have some of the more important things, but there's still stuff there that I need.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I called ex just a bit ago to talk to him about getting my stuff this weekend. I proposed that I go there with my dad and that I get everything in one trip and that, since not everything will fit in my dad's car (namely, my bikes), ex load his car up with the rest and we drop it off in Dallas. As in, he makes a trip in his car. And then we can be done and over with it. He agreed.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>However, he wants to come by tomorrow to grab his laptop and external drive (he dropped them off a few weeks ago because I needed to get things off of them and he just hadn't contacted me yet about picking them up). I told him that I was busy tomorrow with appointments and what-not but that I'll be sure to bring them Saturday. He asked about Thursday and I told him to call me tomorrow and I'd let him know, that things are "up in the air" so I'm not sure if I'll be able to. To be completely honest, I'm stalling. There's no reason why he can't come get them tomorrow or Thursday. I just worry that if I hand them over he will have zero reason to give me my things on Saturday. I figure it's worth stalling a couple days. This is a good idea, no?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, any tips or advice at all? I am pretty nervous about this. I just want to get it overwith. I'm worried that he'll say something, anything, around my dad. I'm worried that other people will be there (namely, his ex-fiance-now-definitely-girlfriend-again). I plan to just get everything I can, pretty much keep my mouth shut and not engage in conversation with anyone, and get it done as fast as I can. I'll probably even ask my dad to stay in the car and not talk to ex at all (which I'm sure my dad will be okay with). Even if I have to lug everything back and forth, big pregnant belly and all, I will do it. I just want it done and overwith. That way I have my stuff and I can stop worrying all the time. (I have yet to do some things that I have planned on due to fear of retaliation which I'm sure would happen in the form of my belongings being destroyed; this has already happened once and I did nothing to bring it on.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thanks, guys. :) </p>

1 - 1 of 1 Posts