Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son recently learned how to climb the baby gate, hes 15 mths old, i thought he was shimmying through the side because its bungee corded to the railing because our rails aremetal so we cant screw one in securly but none would do us any good since he climbs over it, we had the playpen blockin the stairs off but he figured out how to move it or he will either climb the baby gate and end up upstairs alone or climb in his playpen from the stairs. this mornig i put him in his playpen because he wouldnt stay away from the stairs i turn around and hes standing beside it, so he can climb out of that now too, he climbed out again when i was making his lunch and hurt himself not bad but he was crying. he climbed in this little bookshelf we have and was sitting on the shelf. i dont know what to do anymore nothing is baby proof he gets through it all lmao. our christmas tree looks liek we drug it behind our car decorated lmao. i have 5 more weeks left till his little sister is due too and this week he has learned all these things it seems hes testing me lmao. i dont know how to block our steps off anymore or anything or even put him for a nap

·
Registered
82 Posts
My son also would move the playpen I had set up as a blocker...So I filled it with heavy items...(we stopped using it to put him in it). After I made it heavy, he wasn't able to move it!!!

I have a climber too...:)

·
Registered
682 Posts
I know you're incredibly pregnant right now, but can you possibly put him in a carrier? Or is he too heavy? At least you'd know where he is.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by AidansMommy1012 View Post
I know you're incredibly pregnant right now, but can you possibly put him in a carrier? Or is he too heavy? At least you'd know where he is.
a carrier? like an infant carrier? i think hes too heavy for that lmao, hes abig boy for his age, people think hes 2, we did have stuff in the playpent hat was blockin the stairs but theres a little person sized gap he can squeeze through anyhow so i ended up emptying otu theplaypen as we will be using one very soon , we have 2 in our house the other ones doing a good job of blockin our basement stepsbecause the desk and wall keep it in place. its amazing how fast he can get up the stairs. hes gone down the basement steps once, hubby left the playpen moved . i think he knows a baby is coming though my friend has a 17 mth old and had her son in sept so he understands babies alittle bit and i tell him. lately i ask him where the baby is and he lifts his shirt up and points to his tummy and says baby
its cute but im sure he knows the attentions gonna go away from him soon, alot of the time when hes getting into stuff and i look at him he gives mea cheesy grin even when hes getting in trouble

1 - 5 of 5 Posts