Mothering Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had a really hard time BFing my daughter. I had to fight and fight to keep it going. REALLY low supply and a slow start required supplementation from the beginning. . . .I have hypoplastic breasts/insufficient breast tissue (they're really tubed shaped and funky looking). I still nurse her at 2 years old, but my milk has disappeared with this pregnancy thing. . . .<br><br>
So, I'm pregnant with #2 and have a friend who had a baby in late January who's been saving me milk. She pumps a LOT. She has a freezer full. I want to give this baby breastmilk 100% if I can. We talked and she told me she smokes pot, and has since her LO was about 1 month old. So. . . I don't smoke, haven't in a long time. I was reading kellymom and some other sites and it looks like THC is quite abundant in milk.<br><br>
Should I just use what she has from the first month and then stop? Not take it at all? Other thoughts? New donor? I'm anticipating my supply will be as crappy as it was last time. . . .hoping not. . .but with DD I was SO unprepared.<br><br>
Do you guys have other thoughts?

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
How much pot does she smoke? If it's a once a day "dose" or a several times a day would really alter my opinion. I would take the milk if the ammount of THC was not huge- and I would have to judge baby and see how he/she was doing. I take a ton of Pharmaceutical meds, and have been on them since before birth. I have always been conscious of the effects on the babies...and have watched them. I would be the same way with Pot.<br><br>
I think you need to talk more with your friend before you can make a decision. Good luck!

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
i wouldn't take it, but that's just me.<br><br>
have you checked out <a href="http://www.lowmilksupply.org" target="_blank">www.lowmilksupply.org</a> ? they have a book with excellent suggestions on increasing milk supply with igt. good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts