Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
between this new diagnosis and learning that it's going to take a long time to get my son the therapies he needs..and a teething child (4 canines at once..talk about a grumpy kid)..I'm not getting enough sleep, I'm depressed, and just so overwhelmed and tired.

Why does everything take so darn long? I know, I know..republican gov't, high volume of use, etc..I just hate it. I just want to get him the help he needs..now.

I'm not good at being patient...and i'm so tired.
:

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
I know how you feel. You just want the help to start now, so you have some sort of light at the end of the tunnel, per se. Waiting, being in limbo, is the worst part sometimes.

Have you joined an autism support group? That helped me tremendously.

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, actually..I just did that. The leader has been tremendous at feeding me information on what to do with the deeming waiver stuff, etc.

thanks

·
Registered
9,186 Posts
Ah, good. Other parents in the same boat are a Godsend. I saw a car with an autism awareness ribbon magnet on it in the grocery parking lot today, and I swear I wanted to stand on top of the produce with a megaphone and say, "will the person with the autism sticker please make him/herself known, thanks!"
Other parents really really GET IT, and gave me guidance and expert advice no one else could.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
I wish you success in your journey through the medical system maze! My fight was with my insurance company...

Just take it one day at a time and don't give up!

Sincerely,
Debra

1 - 5 of 5 Posts