Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to let people know that I'm here, but just lurking a lot more than I used to. After Hurricane Wilma, we were out of power for 10 days and have only had internet/phone back for a week. And my internet is spotty still. So it's really hard for me to post now. I am trying to keep up with threads though and it seems like so much happened while I was gone.

Thanks so much for the birthing beads! They were all beautiful and I had an incredible blessingway, which was made even better by my online friends

We also did a bellycast, which for the first time made me see my belly as beautiful. I so recommend one, especially if you've just felt big and ugly during your pregnancy like I have this time!

I'm feeling fine - just intense rib pain on the right - little feet sticking up there. And my pelvis sounds like popcorn at night when i roll over. Chiropractic helps though. Nothing much more is going on with the babe - this one is quiet and I think just hanging out waiting to come.

That's it - just thought I would check in!

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Oh, so good to hear from you girrllie! I'm glad you got through WIlma, but sorry that you're dealing daily with the aftermath. The media always seems to swoop down when a hurricane is approaching and then to show immediate damage, but then we really don't hear too much about the places hit (New Orleans was the exception of course). I understand that hurricanes can impact a town for years. So... probably not going to name your baby Wilma if it's a girl, huh?

Glad you're lurking and participating however you can. You are a part our community, so please post when you can. You add so much to our threads.

Blesisngway and Belly Cast sound awesome.
I did both my last pregnancy and am trying to figure out what I want to do this time around. I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I'm slowly running out of time. Hmmmm. I don't konw. Just haven't felt a calling yet.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Glad you are doing okay. We got hit with 3 hurricanes last year and were out of power 3 times for a total of about 12 days. So I know what you have been going through! It sucks.

I still REALLY need to get my belly cast done. It's one of the last things left to do.
I feel pretty big and ugly this preg, too so maybe it will help me to feel better.

Check in as often as you can and let us know how things are going.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.