Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I will publicly admit it but I bought some *very* cheap covers and I have fallen in love with them! I loved the dappi nylon covers so much I decided to try the velcro covers (pretty cheap thrill for a friday afternoon
) Anyway, I got them and over and over again reach for them instead of my more expensive ones! I truly have not had one bad experience with them. However, I only use them during they day - at night we use wool covers or FB's. But when she was getting up every 2 -3 hours at night I was still able to use these covers with no problems. I just put a prefold in and stacked them up in a basket so even my DH would use them. EASY.

I know people don't like these but there have been posts recently about folks wanting to try CD'ing cheap and these are cheap and working great for us. Also, the prefolds I ordered from www.clothdiaper.com have been terrific - I ordered 4 dozen (2 infant, 2 regular)...so soft and wash really well.

Ok, confession time is over
anyone else have cd confessions???

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mom2Joseph
Ok, confession time is over
anyone else have cd confessions???
After trying everything under the sun, I'm back to prefolds...

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
I, too, have to confess to using Dappi wraps with the little pink polka dots and aplix closure. They were so cheap!!! I bought 12 new wraps for $30 plus $3 for shipping. My dd started not fitting into them well when she reached about16 pounds, so now we're on Bummis. I still managed to find lots of them used, though.

·
Registered
136 Posts

My favorite covers are the vinyl pull-up ones you buy at Babies R Us. They're super easy - no snapping, no velcroing. Plus they're really cheap.

·
Registered
19,261 Posts
I wonder if the Dappi ones are like th Gerber nylon ones. I received like 35 gerber ones for free with a couple doz prefolds I ordered off of Ebay.......I love them! They work great!

I would like to get a few more because some are getting a bit worn.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I love cheap covers too! I've owned and sold Bummis SWW, Proraps, Green Earth, Bumpy, Litewrap etc. The only covers I've kept are Dappi pull-ons and Bummis Whisper Pants. They are so reliable! I have a ton in every size.

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
I love, love, love Bummis pull on pants. cheap, easy, reliable. I didn't have great luck with the dappi wraps I had but they were used so that may have been why.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Yes bummis whisper pants are so cool! And cheap is good sometimes!

My cloth diapering confession is that my youngest peed in the potty one time last week and I was actually sad when he did that.

Amy

·
Registered
922 Posts
and where can I get some of these fabulous dappi covers? Can I buy them in a store, or do I have to get one online??

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by chelsmm
and where can I get some of these fabulous dappi covers? Can I buy them in a store, or do I have to get one online??
www.cottonbabies.com
www.little-lions.com

some babies r us also carry them under the brand "especially for baby" - but make sure you're getting the nice nylon ones and not the icky (imo) vinyl ones

·
Registered
11,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wawoof
After trying everything under the sun, I'm back to prefolds...
After trying everything that wawoof tried... I'm back to PFs too!!!
Although, I do have some AIOs too!

Amara! Do you know where our DDC meets now? PM me if you want the addy. How're your guys doing?

·
Registered
220 Posts
This may be a silly question but I've not had a baby to CD before (still planning out my stash for dd on the way) -- Are the nylon covers dye-able? Like with koolaid?

·
Registered
788 Posts
I've never tried the velcro dappi's, only the pull-on's, but when I saw how cheap they are I was tempted. But then I went to diaperpin.com and read the reviews. Looks like people either love or hate these things! Maybe I"ll just stick with what I've got....

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spark
After trying everything that wawoof tried... I'm back to PFs too!!!
Although, I do have some AIOs too!

Amara! Do you know where our DDC meets now? PM me if you want the addy. How're your guys doing?
Awesome to "see" you here, Claire! I said hi on a newborn diapering thread the other day but then I think you weren't on that thread anymore. Anyway, will pm you about the DDC addy. I miss you and look forward to catching up!

·
Premium Member
11,487 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CarmenJ
This may be a silly question but I've not had a baby to CD before (still planning out my stash for dd on the way) -- Are the nylon covers dye-able? Like with koolaid?
I think so. I've never done it but it was either here or diaperpin that a mama posted pics of her dyed nylon covers (bummis I believe) so they must hold the dye. I'll do a search for it.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I was sad when DS outgrew his medium dappis... We use bsww mostly now and the dappis never left red marks like the bsww...

oh and I am IN LOVE with gerber EZ-wrap but they don't make them anymore.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts