Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pregnancy makes me feel damn sexy!
So many people were telling me "oh, you're gonna start feeling like a whale" "say goodbye to your abs" "wait till you see the stretch marks!" etc etc etc.
Okay, I've noticed all these things... adjusting to the new weight and aches and pains, my belly is quite large and hardly any sign of previous abs...my waist said goodbye the moment the test showed 2 lines, and yes...i'm loaded with stretch marks.

BUT I FEEL SO SEXY!!!!!!!!

I mean...like a fertile goddess just waiting to ripen and explode! (eek...just had a strange visual :LOL ) I think too many women embrace society's expectations of a woman's body and too little just embrace the woman's body!

Anyone with me here? I'm going to cherish this feeling in case I never feel it again (or in case I change my mind tomorrow! hehehe :LOL )

·
Registered
2,787 Posts

I totally felt like the essense of sexiness during both my pregnancies. Of course, tha t feeling wavered from time to time, :LOL, but for the most part, I'm with you! Er, *was* with you (baby's 8 days old :LOL)

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
Yes, I felt that way too...but near the end you may not be feeling that way. You've got 2 1/2 months left.
I think a pregnant woman is one of God's most beautiful creations. I really love how my body looks pregnant and so does my DH. Hmmm....not liking my body too well right now though....

·
Registered
3,099 Posts
I'm almost 34 weeks and I'm still loving my body. I think I look wonderful!

I do have almost a month-and-a-half to go, though. I can't imagine getting any bigger than I am now!

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Don't you love it! I felt SEXY as H*LL when I was pregnant- sexier than I've ever felt in my life (DH felt the same way about my preg-body)- in fact I miss it so much! Enjoy it! I felt sexier and sexier as the months went on...

·
Registered
214 Posts
I'm the same way. When pregnant with my DD 3 years ago I felt sexier than ever before right until the day of delivery
In this pregnancy I'm feeling very sexy again and love to show of my tummy in tight shirts
I'm having more aches and pains, but still ... a nice round tummy, clear pregnancy skin and full hair ... I couldn't be any better.

Alex

·
Registered
988 Posts
Yes! Lets keep this thread going - I am so in love with myself right now.....and we're so not supposed to feel that way in our culture, right?

Ripe, and glorious and fertile. I love my belly.

Jeanette

·
Registered
448 Posts
More power to you, you sexy goddess mama you!!!!

I couldn't agree more. I felt so female and in touch with my inner goddess when preg with my last DD. I loved the new body hugging styles you can get now and loved showing off my lucious belly!!! I'm so looking forward to doing it again!

If you can, get your belly henna'd. Take pictures when you are really full and beautiful. I have mine in our bedroom and one in our entry way. (I even used a few in my business webpage). Everyone who sees them says how beautiful they are. I felt good about myself then, but I look at them now and think, "wow, pregnancy really is amazing and beautiful".

·
Registered
699 Posts
I never felt healthier or more beautiful that I did during my first pregnancy! Sure I felt tired, it got difficult to move/get up/etc towards the end, but I felt wonderful about myself. Everything about me - my skin, my hair, my belly, it was great!

I didn't feel quite as good the second pregnancy, I think because I had tons more morning sickness that time (put a bit of a damper on my enthusiasm!) and it was just harder being pg with a nursing toddler at the same time. But I still loved my belly and the way I looked - I had DH help me make a belly cast, which turned out beautifully, and I had a friend take some gorgeous portraits of me and my belly. I had a few stretch marks, especially in the last couple of weeks, and I was HUGE with Noah at the end, but I still loved it.

This time, I'm only 7 1/2 weeks now and just starting to show a bit, and I've been SO sick for the past week or so, so those feelings haven't blossomed quite yet...but I did look in the mirror yesterday and was sort of caught off guard by how my face looked - I'm not an extraordinarily beautiful person and certainly not full of myself or anything, but I just thought my face looked so beautiful in the mirror - I guess I'm glowing despite the nausea :LOL .

Aside from the morning sickness and fatigue, I'm one of those women who love being pg!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yep! I'm with you. I'm 38 weeks and feel GORGEOUS! I love my pregnant body. I love the roundness, just like the Venus of Willendorf. I kept wondering whether I would stop liking it as I got closer to my due date, but I still love the body.

My breasts are bigger than ever before and I'm fine with it. I stopped wearing a bra about a month or so ago because they started to really hurt even though I was told they were fitted correctly. I may not be so thrilled when they sag and there's no belly beneath them to hide the sag, but right now I'm loving it.

I've been feeling like a Venus of Willendorf since I started showing. I love to show off my belly and have really been thrilled to have belly pictures taken every week so we can track what I look like.

·
Registered
208 Posts
What a great thread! Yay to all you positive goddesses here!!!

Liking my body has been the most surising side effect of pregnancy for me - exactly the opposite of what I expected. I feel healthy and strong and beautiful. It's great!

mom2emerson - Thanks for the henna suggestion. GREAT idea!
I'll try to put some $$ aside for that so I can do it towards the end, when my belly is really ripe, & then take some gorgeous photographs.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
i feel you mamas!

i have never felt so good about my body. just something about knowing i am the sole source of life for another human being makes me feel so great!

i've been taking belly pictures every 2 weeks & have started to paint my belly lately (http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/cheese....dnm=6008.jpg). i want to do some henna and maybe make a belly cast beforeit's all over.

it's funny too - when i go to the pool or out to a show, people stare at me with shocked looks on their faces. like 'what is she doing here?'...hey, i'm pregnant, i'm not dead! i refuse to sit at home and do nothing but gestate.

·
Premium Member
9,674 Posts
Thought I was the only one.
My hair gets full and wavy. Vagina gets juicy and ripe. The baby shape evens out my figure flaws making me feel super gorgeous. Sign me up for the mama/ goddess club.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.