Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... without my sewing machine, that is.

This darn reflux has struck again tonight (I think it was the all-too-delicious stew I made tonight with homemade rolls... I couldn't get enough.. and had to even have some of the broth later just to dip another roll in
). Most nights I'll come on here then go sew. I
to sew diapers (it's nearly an illness I think)... and I think I'm feeling the time crunch as well, so I need to get more nb diapers done .. and done fast!!

But, alas, yesterday my sewing machine went kaput and I had to take it in today. So, of course tonight my acid reflux is hitting Full Force and I can hardly even tolerate being upright (though it's better than the alternative). Hopefully they'll be able to look at it tomorrow and *fingerscrossed* it will be a totally easy thing to do and I'll have it back in no time!! ... because in addition to diapers, I really need to get a sling made out of some *gorgeous* fabric my mom got me at a quilting store (I don't know what the technique is called, but I see it often in batiks.. except this material has no 'print' to it.. just the water-blotchy look .. and it's all in gorgeous blues!) ... no, I've never made a sling before but I figure I have to start sometime!!

Anyway... I feel totally lost without sewing diapers at night. That was my salvation in the wee hours of the morning/night. I at least felt *productive* (much more so than sitting here on my tush on mdc... all while my feet start feeling icky). I guess I'll maybe to make some diaper cuts to sew when my machine gets fixed?

The upshoot of it all? I got a lot of other *cough*completelyneglected*cough* things done around the house... things I haven't been doing much of since I started sewing.

Oh, and did I mention the blanket sleeper I want to make from the organic velour I have?

All these projects.. ... now, I just have to figure out whether I really *do* want this babe to be even a bit early or on time -- if he/she is, I don't know if everything will be ready!!

(yes, this is the babblings of "Queen Post-a-Lot-Without-Saying-A-Lot") ... heck.. not even really saying *anything* ... just

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, I'm a lot of talk and not any action right now
so it's easy to mention all of my 'projects'!!

And did I mention I need to make more mama cloth (I'm thinking that two pads and one holder just aren't going to be enough
) and some breast pads?

Instead... well... I'm sitting in a manner that the wee one in my womb doesn't seem to agree with. My goodness my uterus feels like it should be completely bruised by now!! (though, wee one, I *do* love your movements... but the area above my belly button is already kind of weird and numb.. I wish you would just MOVE ON DOWN or at least out -- out as in, make my ol' belly stick out more! -- so my stomach isn't turned inside out because it's been pushed up so far... I'm thinking that's the root of the reflux!! Even just over five weeks away from my due date, I don't look *that* pregnant... it's a blessing and a curse, I tell you!)

·
Registered
8,238 Posts
LOL

Hey at least you are making the mama cloth. I have a pattern hidden around here somewhere and instead of looking for it and actually doing it, I just bought more. LOL I did the same thing with breastpads! I mean, how hard can those be to make? LOL

·
Registered
5,454 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I guess I should actually try the cloth on though -- I can't remember if I just drafted up the pattern out of nowhere or if it's at least loosely based on a free pattern I got on the net!

I haven't made any breat pads yet -- but I figure the same as you ... I mean, they can't be *that* tough, can they??? (though this is where I think I'm going to TOTALLY wish I had a serger... but, I'll make do anyway! not much else I *can* do
)

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Ahhh, sorry the sewing machine is on the fritz! I know things like that can be a lifeline when things are rough. What's wrong with it? I recently fixed the timing on mine with instructions I found on line.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.