Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm ready to reduce breastfeeding a little and read a bunch of articles that didn't resonate with me until I read some advice on the LLL page that read, "Don't offer, don't refuse." If you're someone like me who offers the breast frequently (and in my case I was not even aware of how very frequently I offered both in the day and in the night), try this. I have nominated January the "Don't offer, don't refuse" month and am already seeing a great improvement in my nursing relationship. Just putting this out there...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Please share your experiences and thoughts! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>(stay tuned for another thread on this strategy for night nursing...) </p>

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I'm right there with you. I used to offer a LOT during the day until my breasts got sore again a few weeks ago. She's down to nap and bedtime and two or more overnight nursings with a morning session every now and then. I'm 11 weeks along with baby #2 and although I'd love to nurse her through and tandem with baby, I've made peace with the chance she may stop. I just can't withstand the 8 to 10 sessions a day while preggo. So yeah... I guess I'm subtly weaning her but almost never refuse a request.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts