Mothering Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well I recently found out I was pregnant..
uh, and I'm looking things up. trying to see how I can do this.
keep my baby and not have to give it up or have an abortion.
it wasn't planned.
but uh. i read that it could possibly be cheaper to have a homebirth?
I'm not sure.

I just need help, I guess.
=[

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Sometimes it's cheaper to have a homebirth, but not always (In my case my insurance would have paid for the hospital birth minus a $75 co-pay but a homebirth was so important to me I was willing to pay over $3000 out of pocket).
I'm assuming you don't have health insurance, right? If not and you are pregnant, you more than likely can apply and receive state assistance (WIC, Medicaid, etc). Have you checked into that through your local county or state? You should be able to find info in the phone book or even call any OB/Gyn office and ask for the numbers.
There is so much to research and plan for when you find out you're pregnant. I love homebirth but I think you should only do that if you really want to do it, not only just for financial reasons.
We have a sub-forum here devoted to pregnancy and birth (and then you can post under "I'm Pregnant" - they even have a pregnancy resource thread) and the people there will more than likely have much great advice and information for you.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=19
If you can't find what you need in that forum, just ask. Everyone is helpful and I promise you'll find plenty of moms who have been in your situation and will have good advice.

Good luck to you. I hope you have a healthy and happy pregnancy.

·
Premium Member
3,945 Posts
Welcome, Sarah! The women on these boards are very helpful and understanding. I believe you'll find lots of great information and some fantastic support around here.
There are lots of different forums here that you might find helpful, so i hope you get a chance to look around!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Welcome to MDC

Everyone on here is really helpful, find the right place and ask your question with as much information as possible (location etc). You will some great advise, and areas to look further into your choice over homebirth or hospital.

Congratulations on your pregnancy, sometimes the best things in life are surprises!

Good luck with your research on options and costs, I wish you the best of luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.