Mothering Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!
Whlie I've been reading up on MDC for quite a while, I just took it upon myself to officially join last month. I'm 4.5 months pregnant with our 1st babe, and I figured I'd have tons of questions and whatnot, and decided to finally take the plunge and join.

A bit about myself: I'm 26 years old, currently living in CT, but we're moving to Western Mass at the start of September.
For the last 4 years I've taught high school Social Studies and really enjoyed myself. I'm currently taking this upcoming academic year off from working in the school system since we're moving and will be focusing on baking this little babe inside me as well as finishing up my Masers' in Women's Studies which I'm getting from Wesleyan University. I have my Masters' Thesis left to do, and interestingly enough, it is due in December, with the baby due in January - let's hope I'll be able to get it all done in time!
:

I'm really excited about my Masters' Thesis though...I'm focusing on women in thier 20s and how they define themselves, specifically through narrative. I'm looking at issues like how previous waves of feminism have affected this specific generation of women; what are issues that still affect women in today's society; are we a cohesive group or rather one set in our own ideals, secure in the fact tha tprevious generations have paved the way for us.

If anybody is at interested in knowing more about my project, or wants to get involved, please check out the link in my sig or pm/email me!!!

Hmm...What else? Oh! Of course! I'm married to a wonderful man, Marc (28), who is a pharmacist. It's funny though, b/c he's the most anti-med pharmacist you'll meet and is always suggesting alternative treatments and homeopathic remedies to folks!
We've been married a little over a year and have been together for 8 years.

And currently living with us is our most beloved furbaby - Chicken Noodle - the world's greatest kitty!

Ok...so that's more than a mouthful for me - I'm excited to delve further into MDC and gain a lot more knowledge!

-Avi

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.