Mothering Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not lazy, but where is my motivation to do what needs to be done. I have a nice list to complete before family comes to visit in a week and a half, and I just can't seem to get myself moving. Maybe it is the festive feel of the tree and the snow or maybe it is the simple fact it is nice to cuddle up with coffee and a robe. So, I'm going to get up off the computer and get done what I can get done. Do you ever get burned out? How do you keep yourself going? (I know, I know Flylady says to do 15 minutes at a time, but you know that doesn't work in the crisis time.)

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I'm right there with you. The snow is falling, I have a cold, I'm just not motivated. But I have a craft fair on Saturday to get ready for, and my super neatnik, super judgemental in-laws are arriving the following weekend. My house looks like a tornado hit it, and I have all sorts of holiday nonsense to accomplish.

Maybe we could have a mutual cheering session where we come back here and post what we have gotten done. Peer pressure anyone?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Especially for those of us who thrive on deadlines and competition.
So far I did manage to get my shower done, kids are dressed and school is started for the oldest. Baby is in the tub and the middle one is playing with her. Let's see . . . next is the kitchen. Yay!! Go me!!

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
I'm already behind, but I'll play! Off my bum once the beeb finishes her milkies...

My house looks like burglars tossed it looking for valuables. Only by "burglars" I mean "children" and by "valuables" I mean "stray grapes".

Okay, NAK is over, let the fun begin! Woot!

ETA: I'll update each time I sit down to nurse.

Here's what I've done:
-tidied living room
-swept and mopped living room
-rinsed diapers
-folded one load of laundry
-washed and hung woolies
-put dipes in dryer, started another load
-tidied kitchen
-folded another load of laundry
-swept and mopped kitchen
-cleaned main floor bathroom
-decluttered medicine cabinet
-made/ate/cleaned up lunch
-started dishwasher
-tidied playroom
-swept and mopped playroom and bathroom
-wiped cupboard doors/appliances in kitchen
-finished emptying out storage room
-boxed some things for donation
-emptied dishwasher
-started another load of laundry
-got dinner in the oven
-cleaned up dinner prep dishes
-changed bedsheets
-folded and put away two baskets of clothes

Phew! I'm done for the day!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Okay, so far I have cleaned out the fridge and tidied the living room. Now to start some laundry and fluff the branches on our tinfoil looking fake christmas tree. I have been dreading doing that.

·
Registered
808 Posts
how funny i found this thread today. i was just thinking aobut how i needed motivation to do something today.....

the girls are going to their room for naps/quiet time. i want to accomplish a few things and hopefully have time for a cup of tea onthe couch before they get up.

i'm going to:
clean master bath vanity, sinks and tub
start 1 load laundry
take donation/storage stuff out to car to be dropped off tomorrow morning
pick up living room/dining room
start packing food box for

shouldn't take long if i could just get going. dinner is already planned so i could manage a few minutes to myself as long as i'm motivated right out of the gate. i'll be back to check progress....

·
Registered
737 Posts
Convinced me too!! I have loads I have to finish today! Yesterday I deep cleaned the kitchen, the laundry closet, front entry way, guest bathroom and the kids bedroom. Now today I need to do the living room, dinning room, mater bedroom and bathroom and the garage. Plus I have about 6 loads of laundry I need to do. Once I finish my afternoon ice cream I'll get started

·
Registered
5,243 Posts
Oh I am glad I found this thread! My parents, sister, and baby nephew are flying in next Wednesday and I am not motivated to do everything I need to do! I have a nice long list but at the end of the day, I want to do nothing more than relax with a book. I gotta deep clean the first floor, catch up on laundry, decorate for Christmas, finish DS's room... I'll use this thread as motivation to start tonight.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My husband decided to add a room on in our garage and call it the den. Your's truly is elected to do the mudding and taping. My DH's brother and family come for the holidays in one week. The carpet people called and the carpet goes in Wed, so I have the weekend to mud, tape, prime and paint. The good news is it will be done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, I was able to get the bedroom picked up, ran the dishwasher twice, and have 3/4 of the wall/ceiling corners mudded. I also picked up the dining room table. Another hour or less and I should have the room mudded for the first coat, then I'm on to laundry.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
To be honest, I think your "problem" is probably all the blessings in your siggy.

My dd will be 4 in March and this is the first Christmas since her birth that I am loving organizing, wanting everything just so, etc. For years I had too much to do, and a lack of sleep, so house hold tasks were of no interest and it took a huge amount of energy to accomplish the smallest things.

This too shall pass, I think... Don't beat yourself over it but enjoy your beautiful children while they are little!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.