Mothering Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my third pregnancy and with my previous 2 I had all day nausau from the beginning of the 6th week until the 16th week. During my first pregnancy I threw up every day.

This time around I started feeling nausaus at least a full week ahead of time. I am able to keep food down so far thankfully but I am so unmotivated to do anything else. Right now I should be washing the mountain of dishes that appeared out of nowhere. Laundry is piling up all over, not to mention Chrismas things that need to get done. I know I am not the only one going through this but I do feel quite alone. I don't know how I can keep up while feeling terribly ill all of the time.

I broke down and told 2 of my cousins that I am pregnant. DH and I planned on waiting until I physically couldn't hide it anymore. DH doesn't know that I told them. I feel bad about that.

This part of pregnancy is definately the worst part for me. I knew that it wouldn't be easy but I just feel like crying. I don't want to fall into the 'woe is me' thing though.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Don't be so hard on yourself! It's okay to bitch and moan every once in awhile (especially in our condition). If I felt the way I have been feeling for the last two days and wasn't preggo, I would be home in bed (it feels like a bad flu). I don't know how I'm getting through work right now as it is. I'm nauseus and dizzy. In the afternoon I get so dizzy I feel like I'm going to faint. I know that's due to lack of sleep (I'm having trouble with that too), but I can't do anything about it at work!

-end self-pity session-

I hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Last night I told DH that I feel like I have the flu. He just gave me the most incompassionate blank stare. Gee thanks hun.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
mama - close your eyes and repeat after me: this too shall pass. We are all in the same boat as you or pretty similar boats, anyway. I haven't had nausea, but I did feel like I had the flu for about 3 or 4 days after I found out: thankfully that's passed but I still don't feel much motivation at all to do things around here! We are here for you even if your husband doesn't understand - I know mine looked at me like I was a lunatic one night when I was sick and freaking out about something seemingly insignificant. I was just so hormonal and overwhelmed.....he said to me: "but you're only like 3 weeks pregnant!"
It must be hard for them to understand, they never even have to deal with hormonal changes from AF, let alone a baby growing inside of them...

Just hang in there mama, and know that we are here if you need to vent.
We'll all make it through, somehow.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adoremybabe View Post
Last night I told DH that I feel like I have the flu. He just gave me the most incompassionate blank stare. Gee thanks hun.
Bad DH!
My husband would probably be at the doctor right now if he felt like I'm feeling!
Silly boys!

·
Registered
512 Posts
Saying hello from the laudry/dish pile here at my house. I'm right there with you. Christmas crafting necessary this year (because we have no money) is not happening. My to-do list gets longer everyday because NOTHING is being checked off. We're lucky if we all get 3 meals a day here. We've been watching more TV than we ever have. I'm nauseous and fatigued plus I have an upper respiratory virus that is kicking my butt. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll all be feeling a little better.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mamaheids View Post
Saying hello from the laudry/dish pile here at my house. I'm right there with you. Christmas crafting necessary this year (because we have no money) is not happening. My to-do list gets longer everyday because NOTHING is being checked off. We're lucky if we all get 3 meals a day here. We've been watching more TV than we ever have. I'm nauseous and fatigued plus I have an upper respiratory virus that is kicking my butt. Hopefully in a few weeks we'll all be feeling a little better.

I am in the EXACT same boat here! Spooky.

·
Registered
12,040 Posts
It will all be ok, its only temporary. Just think of how much beeter your life is for having your first two children, and keep that in mind when you start feeling bad. I'm right there with you. My house is slowly getting messier too. It will pass in a few months!

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I know I am ridiculous for wallowing in my own sorrows. I know that things could be worse and I am not the only one walking this road right now.

Thanks for all of the support. Hopefully I will soon get past this 'woe is me' stage and be able to be a support to the rest of you!

Celia

·
Registered
335 Posts
This is the place where it is OK to wallow, if there is place! We are all in the same boat!
:

I am having good days and bad days, good hours and bad hours. Taking advantage of my good times is my goal right now.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
I am so with you I have 1 yr old 2 yr old and an 8 yr old I homeschool that I have been OVERWHELMED taking care of becaue I am so sick to my stomache and week and my baby has a cold and DH is out of town in CA this week, then my 8 yr old said to me I think your faking Mommy how can you feel sick on and off throughout the day I tried to explain it to him but well he is 8 and a Man lol! DH told me it was all in my head the other day ooooooooooohhhhhhhh do I wish men could carry babies

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hapi2help View Post
I am having good days and bad days, good hours and bad hours. Taking advantage of my good times is my goal right now.
I had six blissful nausea-free hours last night. I took advantage of those by finishing off the pie in the fridge, lol!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.