Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I am currently expecting baby #3.  This is actually pregnancy #5 so I've been through the morning sickness.  This time it's different.  It has kept me in bed for almost 3 weeks now and I'm getting a bit fed up.  With my past pregnancies I was sick but it was the I feel nausaus, I'd throw-up feel better and the day would go on.  Every so often the queeziness would continue but all the "tricks" would work and the day would go on.  This is nothing like it.  When it hits I fall wherever I am in the house and there I stay, sometimes for hours.  I litterally was unable to get out of bed for more then 2 weeks other then to go potty.  I'm on nausea medication every 4 hours around the clock now, they started this at every 8 hours but I still managed to loose 10 lbs in a week.  So here I sit frustrated.  Has anyone else dealt with being sick like this?</p>

·
Registered
999 Posts
<p>yes, for the past 2 months i've been sick with pneumonia and then Clostridium difficile infection. if you're unable to function, DEFINITELY go see a doctor. there might be something wrong such as hyperemesis gravidarum, which can result in severe dehydration, low iron, etc that affects both mom and baby.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>when i can't hold in food due to the C.diff infection, i live on high protein Boost and dilute gatorade. it's vital to keep your fluids and electrolytes up. please get looked at if you haven't already!</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts