Mothering Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 30 weeks along and yesterday I had some mucous discharge with red in it then throughout the day I had more mucus come out but the red lightened to pink and then finally to brown now today when I wipe I still have the mucus discharge but it's normal discharge color is this my plug and if so can I still carry her to term

·
Registered
2,845 Posts
<p>My plugs were the most glorious, unmistakable chunks and handfuls of vicious, thick, gooey snot. A whole different animal than normally increased late pregnancy vaginal secretions. </p>

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
<p>I am awaiting my second baby right now and haven't lost my plug, but it came out in one shot with my daughter 5 years ago.  Imagine a quarter cup of thick, blood-tinged mucus.  Kinda impressive in its way! </p>

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
<p>the plug earlier on can regenerate, it's normal to have mucousy days.  The pink or red could be irritation from anything, the cervix is SO sensitive.  I've had days of what looks like LOTS of EWCM...seems normal to me.</p>

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
<p>Mine was super, super, super sticky and thick.  Definitely not discharge.  I agree, it could be your cervix.</p>

·
Registered
804 Posts
<p>your plug is unmistakable....</p>

·
Registered
3,234 Posts
<p>Have you had intercourse in the last day or so before the blood tinged mucous?  The cervix is so sensitive, any little bump to it can cause some bleeding.  I didn't see my mucous plug in my first pregnancy because I was induced before my body was ready, but the second time around my water broke at home.  Once I got to the hospital they wanted my panty liner to confirm if it was amniotic fluid (I was slightly offended they thought I was peeing on myself every time I had a contraction, but whatever) and when I took my panty liner off the mucous plug was stuck to it.  I was like "WHOA!"  I screamed at my husband, "DON"T LOOK!"  LOL!  It was crazy looking.  It was a huge thick chunk, definitely unmistakable.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts