Mothering Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yep.....bored. We arent really structured at all right now.

Everyday is the same...and some days they have classes, and we errands, and we do chores, and we do some lessons, and they play video games, and Im packing to move...and Im mind-numbingly bored.

I dont want to go back to work....I know it is in my dc's best interest to be homeschooled....but without an external schedule on me Im floundering to actually make progress, and because that pressure is not there, I generally dont get anything done.

Plus dh's schedule is wacky again and he is leaving before we wake up and is home when the kids are in bed and Im ready for bed. SO, he is never predictable....and it throws me off...and I cant stay grounded.

I think Im just tired of having everything be on me...I am their teacher, I have to make sure they have sufficient time to socialize and meet kids, I have to find the classes and hs groups and drive there, plus I am mom and a housewife, and a wife...and ARGH!!!
:

Im really truly OK...just a bit venty. Usually when I get like this, I read books on homeschooling, or find something interesting for me...I ordered a bunch of fiction books to read, and Im so apathetic lately that I cant even read..and reading is like oxygen to me.

Maybe after we move, my life will magically improve.
Im just so tired of waiting...waiting for dh to work like a normal person, waiting to have a day to day life that is predictable, waiting to actually buy a home, etc etc etc.

I need to focus and regroup.

·
Registered
629 Posts
to you- I can't help, but I could have written your post! Dh is a pilot so works irregular hours that switch every day- so it feels like weekends when he is home and we get little done...but I so hear what you are saying. Hope you find something that helps xxx

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
I'm right there with you....bored, tired, and over whelmed. Nothing that used to interest me does anymore...crocheting projects sit half way done, there are drawings scattered around the house, and books in every room, all started but none finished. The only thing that is consistantly interesting is MDC...it's like a drug...

·
Registered
9,825 Posts
I feel that way every once in awhile. Eventually, I snap out of it and come up with a new hobby or interest... I knit or sew or read fiction or blog or research some new interest. But I must be lazy at heart- becuase it seems like I need to bore myself for awhile before I finally get off my butt and do something fun just for me

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I like Aisling's advice. When I get bored I read and try to learn something new. We do Sonlight and I pick up Sonlight books in the thrift store and read them. I love their selection of books. Or I order a text that I want to use with my kids in 2 to 3 years and read that. It keeps me actively learning and staying ahead of what I want to teach them.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexasSuz View Post
I like Aisling's advice. When I get bored I read and try to learn something new. We do Sonlight and I pick up Sonlight books in the thrift store and read them. I love their selection of books. Or I order a text that I want to use with my kids in 2 to 3 years and read that. It keeps me actively learning and staying ahead of what I want to teach them.
We use Sonlight too...and we really love it.

The problem is, I usually do try to learn something new...but lately Im SO blah...and just dont have the energy or focus to do that. I pick up my usual books that excite me about hs'ing and Im reading it and thinking "I just dont care right now" I started researching Ancient Rome, and bought a bunch of living history type books, but I just cant get the motivation to read them...and it is a period in history that has always intrigued me.

Maybe Im just funky because we are moving to a new area, and just not totally realizing that.

·
Registered
17,896 Posts
getting a job (even just a piddly little part time one) actually helped me to be more structured and scheduled and meals are planned and school gets done and everything (because it all has to be and because husband didn't think i could pull it off). it was amazing how much stricture 20 hours a week of working brought to our lives and that structure, while it doesn't help my boredom level much, it does help me stay focused on being a good mom instead of a lump.

and try reading some fiction. something that will in no way expand your mind or your horizons. something that has nothing to do with anything relating to parenting, homeschooling or even church. That always helps me break out of a reading rut.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.