Mothering Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or maybe just tandem nursing...I don't know.

My 3 yo is obsessed with nursing all day and all night. He has nursed like a newborn his entire life. And now his 10 month old sister seems to be picking up all of his bad habits. She needs to be latched on all night. She pinches and digs her nails into me...And I am tired of gargantuan boobs! And when I complain to DH he thinks I am just being a whiner. I just sometimes feel like a mother dog with pups and have to fight the urge to get up and walk away.

I apologize...I just needed to vent. I am up at 5 am because leaving bed is the only way my 3yo will sleep!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
hugs mama. there are some things you can try to make things work for you more.

1st, my number one rule for peaceful nursing: behaviors that hurt mom are not allowed. if either child starts pinching etc, they get told to stop, if they don't stop then the nursing session is over for at least a couple of minutes. even young babies are able to learn that pinching means they don't get to nurse.

2nd, consider nightweaning your 3 year old and/or moving him to his own bed. it may be hard for a a bit, but being better rested is going to make you a better mom, and at three he does not need to be latched on all night.

·
Registered
429 Posts
:( Doesn't sound like a good spot to be in, but you can do it! Pick one thing to work on this week (maybe the pinching and the biting?). I think that at those ages, they would catch on fast with that and it wouldn't be a huge battle (hopefully???). After that make a plan of action for night. Jay Gordon or No Cry Sleep Solution might have some good tips on moving your son to his own bed if that is what you want to do.

Good luck!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for listening to my complaining...
shy.gif

I think we are finally going to start nightweaning tonight. I think you are right, that will definitely help. Wish me luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.