Mothering Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 38 weeks tomorow and last I checked I was a centimeter dilated and 36 weeks. This is my second and this time I have so much pelivic pressure. It hurts so bad that I tear up and I have been getting really bad cramps in my legs in to which my legs will just give out.Im a small skinny built and so I know im not taking it easy on my body. The baby has already dropped and is very low, and im just kinda praying he will come any minute but I dont think thats going to happen. But im a student and in a big school with lots of stairs and at home with my three year old. I did not go into labor at all by myself with the first does this mean thats gonna happen again? and if I do go on my own will I for sure know because now im nervous because I dont know what to expect. Does anybody have any ways to make this pregnancy a little less painful until he is out??

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Rest and wait. Baby needs to cook a bit longer. I find that practicing stretching helps the soreness. I tend to stretch and do toe touches and lots of squats in the shower and that really makes the soreness much less.

Just because you didn't go into labor before doesn't mean that that is what will happen this time. Let labor come to you, don't go looking for it. One moment you will be just doing your thing and the next you know you will be feeling rhythmic contractions!

·
Registered
412 Posts
With my first 2, I was induced (2 weeks overdue) and by the time I was due for my 3rd, I was doubting whether my body knew how to go into labor. Sure enough, at 41 weeks and some odd days they scheduled me again. I wasn't having it this time though. So, on the day before my induction which was to be a tues, I called and rescheduled for that Friday to buy a little time. I gave them some story about DH starting his vacation then or something. Then, I just relaxed and forgot about it. If I really went until Friday, I would be a few days over 42 weeks and would just go for the induction, I mean, my last one wasn't bad at all. However, Wednesday morning, the day after my scheduled induction, at 42 weeks exactly, I woke up very early morning with bad diarrhea. Or at least, thats what I thought was causing all the stomach cramps. AFter getting more awake, I realized I was actually contracting and in labor!!! I guess my body knew how to go into labor after all!.

So, after that, I just assumed I was one of those women whose babies needed longer to cook. AFter all, I was charting and super sure of my conception and ovulation so my due dates were very accurate. So, with my 4th, I assured everyone not to look for baby until 42 weeks. I even had my midwife believing me, well, one of them, the newer one. The more experienced midwife wasn't so sure. Me though, I didn't even consider he could come earlier than 42 weeks. So, imagine my surprise when on his exact due date, I went into labor.

My point being, it seems when we finally are able to make peace with it and stop looking for every sign and trying to hurry it, it just happens. I have yet to figure out how to get to this place just because I want to. I have only been able to do it twice, once out of desperation to avoid another induction and just giving up, another because in smugness I thought i had figured my body out and knew when my baby would come, lol.

I say just relax (easier said than done) and start making plans to get out and enjoy things before baby like make a date for a girls night movies and dinner, or other things and plan a few even past your date that you can really look forward to. Not that you will go overdue but it will kinda trick your mind to not focus so much on baby coming before a certain time but other everyday things to distract you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.