Mothering Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm having health care problems. I have been having some troubling symptoms, so I went to my family doctor this week. He referred me to a urologist, whom I saw today.

Turns out that when the hospital diagnosed me with a kidney stone in July, they were totally off base. Yes, I had a stone. It showed up on xray, ultrasound, and CT scan.
However, a stone on the left side of the body doesn't cause pain on the right side. Jerks. The nurse was convinced from the intake that I had a kidney stone and I don't think they strayed far from that thought.

Then, I am continually reminded how much my family doctor sucks. He is not able to give an opinion on anything. He just foists me off on someone/anyone else. 'Hey doc, is this a sinus infection?' "I don't know, let's treat it with antibiotics and see?"
Dammit, I want him to have an opinion. Anyway, it appears that my symptoms are not really urological, so I was at the wrong place today, thanks to him.
Also, the look on the urologist's face was priceless. Turns out the family doctor didn't send the right records so the urologist didn't have the blood/urine results. I had to tell him. I said the doc found protein on the dip, so he called in a prescription.
Urologist: For WHAT?
Me: Cipro.
Urologist: WHAT THE HELL?
Protein is not indicative of an infection and Cipro is like shooting sparrows with a shotgun.

Me: Yeah, I haven't had a chance to pick it up yet. Been waaaay to busy.

So this doc is going to help me out. Oh well. This sucks. Why can't I be well?

·
Registered
11,770 Posts
Wow, that sucks. Sounds like you need to fire that incompetent jerk of a family doctor, for starters.

I hope you find someone who can help you and that you're feeling better soon.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the hugs. I've been sick for 4 years this month, so this isn't really new, but I had really thought I was getting somewhere.

I had known I needed to fire my doc, but I don't know anyone better! (I just cannot believe he's a DO, he's a discredit to his collegues). I just don't want to fight this fight anymore.

·
Registered
7,263 Posts
Fire your doctor..I had been having health problems for 2 years, and was getting the run-around from the dr's.. I have gone through 4 doctors.. Now i have one that believes me when i tell her something is wrong and is working to help me...

Switch dr's.. Having a dr who cares makes ALLL the difference in the world..

I still do not have a diagnosis of anything specific, but it helps to have a dr willing to help me..

(hugs) to you.. Get a dr who cares.. It makes treatment sooo much easier on you..

Warm Squishy Feelings..

Dyan

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's tough to get back in the saddle and try another doctor. I find it so discouraging. So far, I've been to

Three Nurse Practicioners
Two Rhemotologists
Five Doctors
One neurologist
One fabulous Naturopath
One ok acupucturist

Thanks for the encouragement. I'll try to get a new doctor sooner than my normal 6 month wait.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.