Mothering Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dd is 7 months old and so far we've just been using a Maya wrap. It works fabulously but I'd like something symmetrical also, for long walks, and that will carry her comfortably on my back for housework, etc. Thanks for all your input!

PS I'd like to support a WAHM in this purchase too.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what's "ABC"? and are "woven wraps" the kind that are just like a big rectangular piece of fabric that you have to put baby on your back and wrap all around? those seem complicated.... I saw instructions on mamatoto and tried it with some fabric I had at home and couldn't do it. Dd got cranky and I got frustrated. Maybe I was doing it wrong.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
There are lots of ABC carriers out there by wahms-I'd suggest looking on the www.thebabywearer.com site at their reviews section in "traditional carriers"
This will give you a better feel for what's out there. I have a Kozy which I like alot and just ordered a "freehand" ABC which you can see the review at the top of this forum.
I think these are easy to put on-faster than a wrap if that's an issue for you.
Good luck

·
Registered
7,290 Posts
Another vote for an ABC here. I just got my Mei Tai from Freehand last week - I love it:
DS is only 13 lb but he's over 25" long (he's 3 months) so he's starting to outgrow the cradle hold in my slings. I can't wait until we can do the back carry.

OT - AnnR - what part of WA do you live in? We're moving to the Silverdale area next year, I'm not sure what to expect. I've always been a southern girl.

LB

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.