Mothering Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,651 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I have a co-op class to teach tomorrow afternoon. I need to print about 40 pages of card stock for our math activity and, of course, the kids got into my card stock and I'm out. And the seats are out of the van so I can't go get more right now. And DH is working ALL day today and won't be back until much later this afternoon. And it's his birthday. And he's supposed to pick DSS up from school, and we're supposed to make him a cake. But we're out of stuff to make frosting. And I don't have coloring for the frosting. And my fridge died a horrible death and everything is going bad because the enclosed porch is, for the first time in a week, too warm and can't keep food cold. And DH is leaving on a business trip tomorrow morning for the rest of the week, I have to take him to the airport. And I'll be alone with all of the kids for the week and I'm not looking forward to it. And I have to schedule in a therapy meeting for oldest DS up at his group home for Wednesday. And his birthday is Wednesday. And I don't have any interest in seeing him right now, I've just got too many conflicting emotions that are really difficult. But it's his 17th birthday. So I feel like an ass because a) we're too broke to do anything and b) I'm sick and tired of birthdays being spent in placements and dealing with court/therapists/experts/etc. He's a long and complicated story. Anyways.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>And I have to cook a decent yummy special dinner for DH tonight and it's already almost 2pm and I haven't a CLUE what that will be. And we don't have any $$ for presents, which makes me sad. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>And did I mention that DH and I have to finish our "Projected Expenditure Analysis for SMBs (IT Security Report) 2011" before tomorrow so he can give the presentation at the conference he's headed to on the other side of the country? I've been working on the research for it for the last two weeks but it's snuck up on me and I'm under the gun. I do the research and write the report, he does the presentation/powerpoint/handouts. We're a great team, as long as I don't let him down....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Priorities:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Bake/decorate cake for DH with kids when DSS gets home from school (?? no eggs or milk...)</p>
<p>Have DH put seats/carseats back in the van before he leaves town</p>
<p>Have DH pick up cardstock tonight so I can print cards for co-op before class</p>
<p>Finish report so DH can add his elements and practice presentation</p>
<p>Figure out and cook 'special' dinner, without going to the grocery store (seats aren't in vehicle) or using fridge items...:headscratch I'd make this wait until tomorrow but DH is leaving and we don't want to miss his birthday!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tomorrow:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Leave house by 8am to get DH dropped off at airport by 9:30</p>
<p>Get house cleaned up before co-op at our house tomorrow at 3</p>
<p>Figure out Lunch tomorrow, need to leave the house by 12:15 to get to PE</p>
<p>Homeschool PE class from 1-2:30 tomorrow</p>
<p>Co-op class at 3</p>
<p>Figure out someone to watch other kids so I can go to therapy w/DS at his placement on his bday (Wednesday)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I am *dreading* DH leaving for this trip. Last time he left I ended up having the police show up because my 2yo wouldn't stop screaming for him ALL DAY LONG. I posted about it here, if anyone remembers...it was only a few weeks ago LOL</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Night time is the worst with them, so we tag team right now to juggle the newborn and the toddler. Doing it alone is not going to be fun. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The good news is my stepmom allowed us to put a fridge on her hardware store's credit card since they have a 'no interest 18mo' special going on, we're just making payments. The bad news is it won't be delivered for a MONTH. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>ARGH. </p>

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
<p>This is probably too late but I have a recipe for a delicious cake that does not need eggs or milk:</p>
<p> </p>
<p>3 cups flour</p>
<p>2 cups sugar</p>
<p>1/2 cup cocoa</p>
<p>2 tsp baking soda</p>
<p>1 tsp salt</p>
<p>3/4 cup oil</p>
<p>2 tsp vinegar</p>
<p>2 tsp vanilla</p>
<p>2 cups water</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Preheat oven to 350F. Measure the first 5 ingredients into a bowl. Stir. Make a well into the centre.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Add remaining ingredients into well. Mix until smooth. Pour into greased 9x13 inch pan. Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes until done.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope that helps.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Martha</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts