Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... I've quit looking at the maternity sales on the Trading post and have finally started thinking about little baby clothes!

and
..... when on the toilet, I have to lean to the side to wipe.

How pregnant are you?

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
I'm so pregnant that:

I can't turn around to see what's going on when I back the car into the garage (generating a litany of snotty comments from DH)

and:

When DD runs towards me to give me a hug and I lean down to hug her, she bonks her head on my belly before I can reach her!

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I am so pregnant that even though I am not huge in the stomach, I am so uncomfortable, i only bend down when I HAVE to. Otherwise I will have someone (anyone!) else do it.

Hubby and I can't get close anymore and I have to hug him at the shoulders only with my butt sticking way out so I am not pushing into his belly with mine.

I am so pregnant, I can no longer fit into tight parking spaces and expect to be able to slip out of the car without banging my door into the next car over.

Oh! And I realize I could potentially go into labor in just a couple of weeks! It would be a few weeks too early, but the baby would most likely be okay and just gorgeous!

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by renaissanceed View Post
When DD runs towards me to give me a hug and I lean down to hug her, she bonks her head on my belly before I can reach her!

Me too.

I'm so big it's really hard for me to put on socks or shoes (thank god for sandals) and when I do I feel the baby's head digging into my pelvis.

I'm so big my 2 year old DD beats me up the stairs

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I'm so pregnant that I can't walk around the car anymore to come in the garage door. Have to come in the front door.

I'm so pregnant that people are starting to comment on my shape and size using the watermelon metaphor.
: (Twice in one day last week).

I'm so pregnant that my son can stand under my belly to hide from me!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleLlama View Post
when on the toilet, I have to lean to the side to wipe.
: Me too!!

I'm so pregnant that as soon as I stand up from sitting I have to make a beeline to the bathroom. (Even if I just went 5 minutes before!)

I'm so pregnant that turning over in bed at night is like an olympic sport.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I'm so pregnant that...

I can't nurse DD to sleep in my favorite chair anymore because I don't have the leverage to get up and carry her to her bed.

I get excited that the baby dropped because I feel smaller, until it decides to change position and give me heartburn.

People keep asking me if I'm having twins.

Cleaning under everything is my latest obsession and I'm waiting for DH to leave for his new job 1200+ miles away so I can declutter the house and pack his stuff to send back with him when he comes back for the baby.

I want to sleep all day because I can't get comfortable at night.

Anna

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am so pregnant that once I get myself out of my car (after moving the steering wheel) I need to rest for a few minutes before going any further!

I am so pregnant that when I pee in a public place I wait for the biggest stall because I struggle getting into or out of the other stalls if the door opens in.

I am so pregnant that a couple weeks ago when we ate at Ruby Tuedays I insisted we sit in a booth, even though the waitress took us to a table with chairs, just to discover I couldn't fit my belly into the booth!!!

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
LOL! Fun thread!

I'm so pregnant that I rest my elbows on the bathroom sink while washing my hands so I don't have to lean forward at an angle that makes my lower back hurt.

I'm so pregnant that I have to turn sideways to get clothes out of the washing machine, and even then I can barely reach the bottom.

I'm so pregnant that my hands get almost completely numb while I sleep and it hurts to move pillows.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Heather Marie View Post
I am so pregnant that once I get myself out of my car (after moving the steering wheel) I need to rest for a few minutes before going any further!

:

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
I am so pregnant doing dishes by hand (Disher has been busted for forever it seems) it is like lifting weights and a arm obstical course. Belly is sooooo in the way!

I am so pregnant my belly is now a book rest. Too bad my boobs are not book lights. LOL They seem to get enough attention from certain people to think they glow! Grrrr!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ooh, I realized today what that pain is....

I'm so pregnant that when leaning on the counter to do the dishes it digs in enough to give me a bruise!!!! (I'd like a sink with a half-moon rubber insert in the front to let me stand close enough to actually reach the water without either going sideways or hurting myself)

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'm so pregnant that...

...I groan every time I have to stand up. Every. Single. Time.

...three people this week, after finding out I have 7 weeks to go, have asked if I'm sure it's not twins.

...I have to turn sideways to reach the upper cabinets in the kitchen.

...my baby's butt/feet come up above my bottom ribs!

...I regularly rest my bowl of cereal on my belly while snacking at night on the couch.

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleLlama
..... when on the toilet, I have to lean to the side to wipe.
:

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
pretty much everything everyone else has said,
especially the twins part!

and i am also so pregnant that it has become a little dangerous to try to stand and put on my panties and my pants, b/c it is so hard to get one foot in without feeling like i am going to fall over.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
...the spots I miss shaving my legs are now almost as big as the spots I actually can see and reach.

...having sex is like a slapstick routine.

...pretty much anything I drop on the floor is staying there until someone else picks it up.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.