Mothering Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dh and I went out to celebrate our anniversary tonight, and our 16 month old dd stayed with our friends - HAPPILY - for three hours!

This feels like such a major breakthrough! I can count on one hand the number of times we have left dd with anyone. She has only been happy with dh or myself. The last time I had to leave her with a sitter, she screamed for the entire three hour rehearsal, then 2 1/2 hours more during the concert.

I am *so* grateful to our friends for offering to watch our kids while we went out to dinner. Our four year old son thinks that our friends' 11 year old son is *it*. Ds is getting so independent now, we didn't think twice about leaving him for the evening. But both dh and I were on edge all day thinking about leaving dd.

Our friend's dh had the magic babycharming touch. They said that dd fussed some after we left, but as soon as our friend's dh came home, dd was just fine. They said it was instantaneous - he walked into the room and dd held her arms out to him.

We expected to find red eyes and sad shuddering sobbing breaths when we came back. But dd was playing and laughing. We were almost giddy we were so relieved.

Maybe this was just a one time thing, but I really hope dd has turned a corner.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We actually had two success stories from the weekend. I had to leave dd in the nursery at church. She had forty minutes between when I had to leave for rehearsal and when dh finished with the service. I wasn't sure how it would go, since the nursery is right under the sanctuary and the sound really carries. We had help lined up to take dd to the playground if she was upset - she loves to swing.

I had been dreading this Sunday for months.

Dh finished the service and went downstairs to find our kids. The room was empty. He went to the playground and asked ds where his sister was. "I don't know." He went inside the Fellowship Hall asking "Where is my baby??" She was sitting in a high chair and our friend's dh was feeding her lunch. She waved to dh and kept on eating.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.