Mothering Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15,067 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else feel like they're constantly starving to death? With my first pregnancy, I got hungry around 24 weeks and would wake up occasionally for a snack. Well, I only missed my period on Saturday and last week I was already waking up feeling like I hadn't eaten for days! This morning it felt like someone had stabbed me in the gut, I was so hungry. Argh! There's no morning sickness at all, just a constant, overwhelming sense of hunger for anything I can get. I feel like Homer Simpson.. trying to eat while I'm brusing my teeth! Is it because I'm nursing, or what?! I'm taking vitamins and going insane... my stomach can't hold all the food my brain keeps telling me I need!

·
Registered
4,572 Posts
I was actually like this for the first few days after conception...and then, never since. I am in my 17th week right now, and I've had really crummy m/s since 6 weeks. With my first, I started getting hungry aroung 12 weeks and wound up eating so much I practically doubled my daily food intake (and almost my body weight!!). This time, totally different. I have to make a conscious effort to eat, and then, almost nothing appeals to me. I hope you stay hungry and don't get sick. Lol, having done both, I think the hunger is better!

·
Registered
18,562 Posts
Yep, I'm 24 weeks and I think my belly's grown before my eyes in the last few days. I'm starving all the time. Last night dh brought home Subway and I ate the entire footlong and was still hungry. He was like, "yep, you're pregnant." Been craving Krispy Creme custard-filled donuts lately. Donuts and bedrest are not a great combination for the ol' thighs!
:

Darshani

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
mmm Krispy Kreme!!!

Since eating keeps my sickies at bay, I want to eat all the time. I go straight from thinking about eating to a little hungry to so starving I want to puke in about a half hour. If I can have something when I start thinking about eating, I'm usually OK, but that means I'm not eating all the time. I'm being really careful about having just a little, then I don't feel so bad when I'm eating again an hour later, lol!

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
I was like that with DS. No morning sickness, just an incredible hunger for any and all things. I ate two breakfasts and two lunches with snacks in between. I had cravings for McDonald's pancakes and fake orange juice. and all I wanted was chocolate anything.

This time though I have to remind myself to eat. No cravings for anything, though if it is salty it is good. I get hit with morning sickness a couple of times a day and it sucks... I just try to push through it and ignore it.

·
Registered
737 Posts
In the beginning I was sick and had no appetite, now i am possesed by the food monster, and he wants me to eat things that are not always so healthy. It seems to be evening out today, but for the past week all I have done is eat, and eat, and eat some more. I was getting worried, and disgusted with myself and very concerned that I was going to gain 100 pounds before this babe is born.
This happened with my last preg. too, I was sick for 5 months, then finally got an appetite and started eating with a vengeance. So eilonwy, I would just be happy that you aren't sick!

·
Registered
323 Posts
I went through a period like that last week. It seemed that from the second my feet hit the floor til I went back to bed again, I was hungry and I ate EVERYTHING that wasn't bolted to the floor!
I'm not 25 weeks (expecting twins) and I can say it's calmed down, although I'm still hungrier than I was when preggo with my dd.

F.

·
Premium Member
2,215 Posts
Yep, constant, unsatiable hunger - I'm there. It happened with my first pregnancy, and it's happening with my current pregnancy. I can eat a huge meal and feel hungry a half hour (or less) later. And by hungry I mean HUNGRY. Starving hungry. It's like there's some disconnection between my brain and my stomach.

Anyhow, with #1 the constant hunger went away sometime in the first or second trimester thank goodness!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.