Mothering Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...don't a few of the threads in the public forum seem suspicious?

It seems odd that there are two different threads today started by two different people with only a one-post history, asking about UCing after TWO c-sections.

I was so excited to rejoin this group and talk about birth and UC and all of it, but honestly, the stuff I've seen since I became active again makes me nervous. You want to give people the benefit of the doubt, I am not a distrustful person by nature, but....I don't know.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Yes, I know what you mean. There are also a lot of threads that may or may not be suspicious, but are started by people with low post counts who rarely stick around to contribute after they get their questions answered. I've just gotten tired of it and I usually don't answer those threads anymore.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I have posted in the past about UBA2C and I have had a UBA2C. Untill you have had a cesarean or two you dont understand the feeling. It can be very hard to find a provider and one that will "let" you do simple things like going overdue etc. And you never know the story behind their cesareans. Often time Mamas with cesareans come FULL circle and end up being very educated about birth and turn to uc. I am an ICAN leader and have heard of more than a few mamas who UBAC.

Two cesareans isnt that much different than one as far as risks go and much safer to vba2c then have that third cesarean.

ETA: However it is hard to trust anyone with just a few posts so I can see where your coming from...but then again they have to start somewhere. But to only post a couple times and never come back makes it less believeable. And I read a post in one of those and also did the test your limits first. I had a VBA2C first then a UBA2C cause I wasn't 100% confident about ucing without ever having a vaginal birth under my belt but maybe some people are?

·
Registered
150 Posts
I was JUST thinking this about the post with the footling, where the mom has only 4 posts. I hate to say a mama is making something up, but this one seemed a bit fishy to me. I mean, if you had a bad experience, why would you go to a site you had never posted on to share it? Even those who try to warn others after a bad experience are usually members here for awhile first.

I sure hope it is not true, as that is a horrible, horrible, story. Anyone know this mama?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I know I am not around a lot ( 4 kids, 27 weeks preg, in school and etc. ) but I think I know the post your talking about and it seems like a story to scare others out of ucing in my opinion. I hope it's not true of course but it is a bit ridiculous.

·
Registered
74 Posts
It seems like a fear mongering post. Can we flag it?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I haven't read the story you guys are referring to, but I think I just saw it referenced, so I'll go check it out.

I'm seeing a lot of questions about legality and also a lot of CPS stuff, which is making me fearful, and just not trusting of this board anymore. I mean, if there are people coming here to purposely thwart life for other mamas?? What the hell is that about?

ETA: I just read that birth story. Yikes. And yes, the story gives me pause. *sigh* Sick of people not getting it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
It is unfortunate that people have to come and stir up trouble. That one about the nightmare UC, which ended up being a hoax, made me want to join the private forum for sure!

·
Registered
540 Posts
That story got my red flags up too, for all the reasons people here have mentioned. Also, I work with high risk pregnant women in south central LA, and have quite a bit of knowledge astounded hired CPS (DCFS) works, and out seems highly unlikely that children would be taken away that quickly for a UC. I mean, a client of ours tested positive for cocaine in the hospital after giving birth and was discharged with baby a coupe days later!! If the story is true, I am saddened for the family, but mama seems awfully calm and clear for her situation (just based on personal experience with clients).

IMO, UC is about autonomy, and autonomy is about responsibility. Learning about your body, tuning into your body, researching birth physiology, options, potential problems...all of this is important. I wouldn't personally be comfortable with a UP (this is also my first pregnancy, so that might change next time around), but it seems taking on the responsibility requires a certain amount of attention to the process. I got the sense that mama was just riding the intuition train?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I've not read the posts you refer to (not likely to find them without a deep search at this point in time), but I wanted to add my two cents' worth. I lurked for a year or more on the UC forum before I signed up (I signed up because I was going crazy not being able to post), so I've been hanging around since 2006-07 until I took a break this last year. I have seen people having problems with people wanting to report them for uc'ing. Major stress. I've seen people come on and post, but not come back. I don't know. It seems like it's safer to have a forum where not everyone surfing the 'net can see what's going on.

I would probably accept the person at face value, but be wary.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeesterMama View Post

I have posted in the past about UBA2C and I have had a UBA2C. Untill you have had a cesarean or two you dont understand the feeling. It can be very hard to find a provider and one that will "let" you do simple things like going overdue etc. And you never know the story behind their cesareans. Often time Mamas with cesareans come FULL circle and end up being very educated about birth and turn to uc. I am an ICAN leader and have heard of more than a few mamas who UBAC.

Two cesareans isnt that much different than one as far as risks go and much safer to vba2c then have that third cesarean.

ETA: However it is hard to trust anyone with just a few posts so I can see where your coming from...but then again they have to start somewhere. But to only post a couple times and never come back makes it less believeable. And I read a post in one of those and also did the test your limits first. I had a VBA2C first then a UBA2C cause I wasn't 100% confident about ucing without ever having a vaginal birth under my belt but maybe some people are?
yeahthat.gif
I would probably fall into the category mentioned above...just sayin' though I *did* strongly consider a Uc with dd1 (which turned c-section) and I may have a Uc this time...we are waiting to hear back from a midwife who is my only hope of a homebirth *with a care provider in a very large geographical area. I agree with going overdue etc...but I am a little chilled by seeing this thread...what does it mean? like...what are we suspicious of? People trying to oust people or?????

ETA:

ah I see...a scare tactic? I have posted on the main Uc board and not returned usually because there was no or little helpful response and it seemed dead...hopfully I havent contributed to these feelings...but i definitely feel safer here!

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have since seen some of those threads where a thread is started and not come back to. To me, those women seem genuine. I have no clue why they wouldn't come back unless, as pp said, they didn't think anyone had replied to them. The UC forums seem to be much, much slower than they were two or three years ago. In fact, all of mothering seems to have slowed down since I was last on regularly.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
I agree, could be a troll. I tend to think that they're probably people who may be active members but scared to be sleuthed out by people who know them IRL, so they want to hide behind a persona. I know I was accused of being a troll because I don't post every day.
twins.gif

·
Premium Member
2,441 Posts
What about that birth certificate thread??!! Yikes, that got out of control fast. I mean, I would never even consider forgoing a BC and SS#, but who am I to decide for anyone else?! I added my .02 over there because I felt compelled, but geesh, I usually never get involved in that nonsense. That's what I have family for, lol!

·
Registered
448 Posts
I just hate how everyone decides they have a need and a right to be so ugly and mean to someone else that's making a different lifestyle choice than they are. People every day make choices that I would never make, but it's not my business. Geez.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.